Ian A Campbell
Affiliation: University Hospital of Wales
- Pulmonary tuberculosis: diagnosis and treatmentIan A Campbell
Llandough Hospital, Cardiff CF64 2XX
BMJ 332:1194-7. 2006
- Five year study of etidronate and/or calcium as prevention and treatment for osteoporosis and fractures in patients with asthma receiving long term oral and/or inhaled glucocorticoidsI A Campbell
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Llandough Hospital, Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan, UK
Thorax 59:761-8. 2004..A randomised study was performed to determine whether treatment with cyclical etidronate and/or calcium for 5 years prevents fractures or reverses/reduces bone loss in patients receiving glucocorticoid treatment for asthma...
- Anticoagulation for three versus six months in patients with deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolism, or both: randomised trialI A Campbell
Llandough Hospital, Llandough, Cardiff CF64 2XX
BMJ 334:674. 2007..To determine the optimum duration of oral anticoagulant therapy after an episode of deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolism, or both...
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) or etidronate for osteoporosis in postmenopausal asthmatics on glucocorticoids: a randomised factorial trialI A Campbell
Chest Department, Llandough Hospital, Penarth, UK
Scott Med J 54:21-5. 2009..The study was designed to establish the effects of HRT on osteoporosis and fractures over five years in postmenopausal women with asthma receiving regular glucocorticoids and to compare with etidronate...
- Pulmonary disease caused by Mycobacterium xenopi in HIV-negative patients: five year follow-up of patients receiving standardised treatmentP A Jenkins
Llandough Hospital, Cardiff, Vale of Glamorgan, UK
Respir Med 97:439-44. 2003..Better methods of susceptibility testing and more effective regimens are needed, but it is also evident that improved management of concomitant diseases and better general health will play a major part in increasing survival...
- Controlled trial of three weeks nicotine replacement treatment in hospital patients also given advice and supportS Hand
Chest Department, Llandough Hospital, Cardiff, UK
Thorax 57:715-8. 2002....
- Current medical treatment for tuberculosis. Aspects of chemotherapy and management need clarifyingLawrence P Ormerod
BMJ 326:550; author reply 550. 2003