Affiliation: University College London
- The effect of age on referral to and use of specialist palliative care services in adult cancer patients: a systematic reviewJenni Burt
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, 1 19 Torrington Place, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Age Ageing 35:469-76. 2006..To investigate variations in the use of specialist palliative care (SPC) services for adult cancer patients, in relation to age...
- Roles, service knowledge and priorities in the provision of palliative care: a postal survey of London GPsJenni Burt
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, UCL, 1 19 Torrington Place, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Palliat Med 20:487-92. 2006..To explore general practitioners' (GPs) current involvement in and attitudes towards the provision of palliative care in primary care...
- Nursing the dying within a generalist caseload: a focus group study of district nursesJenni Burt
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, UCL, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Int J Nurs Stud 45:1470-8. 2008..However, their views about delivering palliative care within their generalist workload have not been assessed...
- The experiences of older adults in the community dying from cancer and non-cancer causes: a national survey of bereaved relativesJenni Burt
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, UCL, London, UK
Age Ageing 39:86-91. 2010..there is limited understanding of symptoms and care in the last few months of life for adults dying from causes other than cancer...
- Improving district nurses' confidence and knowledge in the principles and practice of palliative careCathy Shipman
King s College London, Department of Palliative Care, Policy and Rehabilitation, London, UK
J Adv Nurs 63:494-505. 2008..This paper is a report of part of an evaluation of the impact of a national palliative care education and support programme on the knowledge and confidence of members of district nursing teams...
- Palliative care services in England: a survey of district nurses' viewsCathy Shipman
King s College London, Department of Palliative Care and Policy, London
Br J Community Nurs 10:381-6. 2005..Primary care trusts, cancer networks and strategic health authorities must work together to ensure minimum standards of access nationally if the recommendations of the NICE guidance on supportive and palliative care are to be achieved...
- The relationship between use of NHS Direct and deprivation in southeast London: an ecological analysisJenni Burt
Immediate Access Project, Department of General Practice and Primary Care, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, 5 Lambeth Walk, London SE11 6SP
J Public Health Med 25:174-6. 2003..This study investigates the relationship between use of NHS Direct and deprivation in one predominantly disadvantaged area...
- Continuity within primary palliative care: an audit of general practice out-of-hours co-operativesJenni Burt
Department of Palliative Care and Policy, King s College London, Weston Education Centre, Cutcombe Road, London SE5 9RJ, UK
J Public Health (Oxf) 26:275-6. 2004..This will be critical when, in 2006, NHS Direct will triage and route all out-of-hours calls. This study investigates the current use of information handover systems for palliative care patients within four out-of-hours co-operatives...
- Palliative care: challenges in caring for dying peopleJenni Burt
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
Br J Nurs 14:306. 2005