S T Burden
Affiliation: University of Manchester
- Pre-operative nutrition support in patients undergoing gastrointestinal surgerySorrel Burden
School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 11:CD008879. 2012..Poor pre-operative nutritional status has been linked consistently to an increase in post-operative complications and poorer surgical outcome...
- An unblinded randomised controlled trial of preoperative oral supplements in colorectal cancer patientsS T Burden
Dietetic Service, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
J Hum Nutr Diet 24:441-8. 2011..However, the use of preoperative standard oral supplements in a cohort of colorectal cancer patients has not been evaluated. The present study examined whether preoperative supplements are beneficial in this group...
- Nutritional status of preoperative colorectal cancer patientsS T Burden
Department of Dietetics, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
J Hum Nutr Diet 23:402-7. 2010..We examine whether weight loss is related to the length of stay or changes in fat free mass...
- Improving adherence to a care plan generated from the Malnutrition Universal Screening ToolC Cooper
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Central Manchester University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
Eur J Clin Nutr 67:174-9. 2013....
- Evaluation of adherence to a nutrition-screening programme over a 5-year periodS T Burden
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
Eur J Clin Nutr 68:847-52. 2014..Lead nurse support and monitoring has improved adherence rates and facilitated an increase in the identification of patients at moderate and high risk of malnutrition. ..
- Can we use mid upper arm anthropometry to detect malnutrition in medical inpatients? A validation studyS T Burden
Department of Dietetics, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
J Hum Nutr Diet 18:287-94. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate the reliability and validity of MUAA including mid arm circumference (MAC) and triceps skin fold thickness (TSFT) to determine the usefulness in clinical practice...