Jacob G Bundy
Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- Discrimination of pathogenic clinical isolates and laboratory strains of Bacillus cereus by NMR-based metabolomic profilingJacob G Bundy
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, 80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK
FEMS Microbiol Lett 242:127-36. 2005....
- Environmental metabonomics: applying combination biomarker analysis in earthworms at a metal contaminated siteJacob G Bundy
Biological Chemistry, Biomedical Sciences Division, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, Sir Alexander Fleming Building, London SW7 2AZ, UK
Ecotoxicology 13:797-806. 2004..terrestris. This study demonstrates the utility of NMR spectroscopy in detecting previously unknown potential biomarkers for ecotoxicity testing and identified maltose as a potential biomarker compound deserving of further study...
- Metabonomic assessment of toxicity of 4-fluoroaniline, 3,5-difluoroaniline and 2-fluoro-4-methylaniline to the earthworm Eisenia veneta (Rosa): identification of new endogenous biomarkersJacob G Bundy
Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, Biological Chemistry, Faculty of Medicine, South Kensington, London, United Kingdom
Environ Toxicol Chem 21:1966-72. 2002..These changes could potentially be used as novel biomarkers of xenobiotic toxicity and could be used to determine the mechanism of action of other toxic chemicals...
- Metabolic profile biomarkers of metal contamination in a sentinel terrestrial species are applicable across multiple sitesJacob G Bundy
Department of Biomolecular Medicine, Division of Surgery, Oncology, Reproductive Biology and Anaesthetics SORA, Faculty of Medicine, Sir Alexander Fleming Building, Imperial College London, London SW7 2AZ
Environ Sci Technol 41:4458-64. 2007..This study therefore acts as a proof of principle for the use of NMR-based metabolic profiling as a diagnostic tool for ecotoxicological research in polluted field soils...
- Earthworm species of the genus Eisenia can be phenotypically differentiated by metabolic profilingJacob G Bundy
Biological Chemistry, Biomedical Sciences Division, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, Sir Alexander Fleming Building, Exhibition Road, South Kensington, London, UK
FEBS Lett 521:115-20. 2002..fetida and E. andrei) differ markedly in their biochemical profiles despite apparently occupying the same ecological niche, and indicate that metabolic phenotype profiling can be used as a powerful functional genomics tool...
- Metabolic profiling detects early effects of environmental and lifestyle exposure to cadmium in a human populationJames K Ellis
Biomolecular Medicine, Department of Surgery and Cancer, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Sir Alexander Fleming Building, South Kensington, London, SW7 2AZ, UK
BMC Med 10:61. 2012..We investigated changes in metabolism in volunteers living near a point source of environmental pollution: a closed zinc smelter with associated elevated levels of environmental cadmium...
- Biochemical diversity of betaines in earthwormsManuel Liebeke
Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London, Sir Alexander Fleming Building, London SW7 2AZ, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 430:1306-11. 2013..The findings clearly indicate a hitherto-unappreciated important role for betaine metabolism in earthworms...
- Free glucosylglycerate is a novel marker of nitrogen stress in Mycobacterium smegmatisVolker Behrends
Biomolecular Medicine, Department of Surgery and Cancer, Department of Medicine, Imperial College, London SW7 2AZ, UK
J Proteome Res 11:3888-96. 2012..Hence, GGA could contribute to the fitness of mycobacteria under nitrogen limitation...
- Metabolic consequences of p300 gene deletion in human colon cancer cellsJacob G Bundy
Department of Biochemistry, Hutchison Medical Research Council Research Centre, University of Cambridge, 80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 66:7606-14. 2006..These data show that NMR-based metabolite profiling has sufficient sensitivity to identify the metabolic consequences of p300 gene deletion in tumor cells in vitro and in vivo...
- Multivariate metabolic profiling using 1H nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy of freeze-tolerant and freeze-intolerant earthworms exposed to frostJacob G Bundy
Biological Chemistry, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, Division of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Sir Alexander Fleming Building, London SW7 2AZ, UK
Cryo Letters 24:347-58. 2003..octaedra. Furthermore there was no lactate accumulation in D. octaedra, whereas three of the other four species accumulated lactate. This indicates that anoxic metabolism was lowest in the freeze-tolerant species...
- Evaluation of predicted network modules in yeast metabolism using NMR-based metabolite profilingJacob G Bundy
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Genome Res 17:510-9. 2007....
- Establishing principal soil quality parameters influencing earthworms in urban soils using bioassaysPeter K Hankard
Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, Monks Wood, Abbots Ripton, Huntingdon PE28 2LS, UK
Environ Pollut 133:199-211. 2005..We thus conclude that chemical analysis alone is not sufficient to characterize soil quality and confirms the value of biological assays for risk assessment of potentially contaminated soils...
- 'Systems toxicology' approach identifies coordinated metabolic responses to copper in a terrestrial non-model invertebrate, the earthworm Lumbricus rubellusJacob G Bundy
Department of Biomolecular Medicine, Division of Surgery, Oncology, Reproductive Biology, and Anaesthetics, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, SW7 2AZ, London, UK
BMC Biol 6:25. 2008....
- Metabolomic profiling of rapid cold hardening and cold shock in Drosophila melanogasterJohannes Overgaard
National Environmental Research Institute, University of Aarhus, Department of Terrestrial Ecology, Vejlsøvej 25, DK 8600 Silkeborg, Denmark
J Insect Physiol 53:1218-32. 2007..These findings suggest a putative role of cryoprotectants during RCH which are discussed in the light of the existing literature on the mechanistic background of RCH...