Affiliation: University College London
- Absence of xenotropic murine leukaemia virus-related virus in UK patients with chronic fatigue syndromeHarriet C T Groom
Division of Virology, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Retrovirology 7:10. 2010....
- Household size is critical to varicella-zoster virus transmission in the tropics despite lower viral infectivityRichard A Nichols
School of Biological and Chemical Sciences, Queen Mary University of London, UK
Epidemics 3:12-8. 2011..The distinctive clinical presentation of VZV and its ubiquitous distribution make it an attractive model for estimating the variables that contribute to global differences in the transmission of airborne viruses...
- VZV molecular epidemiologyJudith Breuer
University College London, W1 2BE, Bloomsbury, London
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 342:15-42. 2010..Genotyping methods, together with epidemiological data and modeling, have provided insights into global differences in the transmission patterns of this ubiquitous virus...
- A proposal for a common nomenclature for viral clades that form the species varicella-zoster virus: summary of VZV Nomenclature Meeting 2008, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, 24-25 July 2008Judith Breuer
Division of Infection and Immunity, University College London, Windeyer Institute, 46 Cleveland Street, London WC1 4JF, UK
J Gen Virol 91:821-8. 2010..We propose a minimum set of SNPs that we recommend should be used to genotype these viruses. Finally, we suggest criteria by which novel clades can be recognized...
- Molecular studies of Varicella zoster virusMark Quinlivan
Centre for Infectious Diseases, Institute for Cell and Molecular Science, 4 Newark Street, Whitechapel, London, E1 2AT, UK
Rev Med Virol 16:225-50. 2006..In addition, a rat model has been developed and successfully used to uncover which viral proteins are important for both the establishment and maintenance of latent VZV infection...
- Use of oral fluid to examine the molecular epidemiology of varicella zoster virus in the United Kingdom and continental EuropeMark Quinlivan
University College London, London
J Infect Dis 207:588-93. 2013..Viruses from the same outbreak belonged to different clades, but no clade was associated with a severe-disease phenotype. OF is suitable and convenient for large-scale molecular epidemiological studies of VZV...
- No evidence of XMRV or related retroviruses in a London HIV-1-positive patient cohortEleanor R Gray
Department of Infection and Immunity, University College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e18096. 2011..It has also been suggested that the virus can be found circulating amongst the general population. The discovery has been controversial, with conflicting results from attempts to reproduce the original studies...
- PEPtalk: postexposure prophylaxis against varicella in children with cancerJessica Bate
Division of Clinical Sciences, St George s, University of London, London, UK
Arch Dis Child 96:841-5. 2011....
- Molecular and therapeutic aspects of varicella-zoster virus infectionMark Quinlivan
Skin Virus Laboratory, Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, 4 Newark Street, Whitechapel, London, E1 28E, UK
Expert Rev Mol Med 7:1-24. 2005..In addition, VZV has become the first human herpes virus for which a live attenuated vaccine has been developed...
- Varicella vaccination in Europe: are we ready for a universal childhood programme?Nitu Sengupta
Centre for Child Health, Royal London Hospital, 38 New Road, Whitechapel, London, E1 2AX, UK
Eur J Pediatr 167:47-55. 2008..The SIEVE recommends the implementation of such a policy as soon as financially and practically possible...