Affiliation: University College London
- Herpes zoster as a risk factor for stroke and TIA: A retrospective cohort study in the UKJudith Breuer
From the Division of Infection and Immunity J B, and Institute of Neurology M M B, University College London, UK and Amaris M P, A G
Neurology 83:e27-33. 2014..Stroke and TIA are recognized complications of acute herpes zoster (HZ). Herein, we evaluate HZ as a risk factor for cerebrovascular disease (stroke and TIA) and myocardial infarction (MI) in a UK population cohort...
- Herpes zoster as a risk factor for stroke and TIA: a retrospective cohort study in the UKJudith Breuer
From the Division of Infection and Immunity J B, and Institute of Neurology M M B, University College London and Amaris M P, A G
Neurology 82:206-12. 2014..Stroke and TIA are recognized complications of acute herpes zoster (HZ). In this study, we evaluated HZ as a risk factor for cerebrovascular disease (stroke and TIA) and myocardial infarction (MI) in a UK population cohort...
- Absence of xenotropic murine leukaemia virus-related virus in UK patients with chronic fatigue syndromeHarriet C T Groom
Division of Virology, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Retrovirology 7:10. 2010....
- Household size is critical to varicella-zoster virus transmission in the tropics despite lower viral infectivityRichard A Nichols
School of Biological and Chemical Sciences, Queen Mary University of London, UK
Epidemics 3:12-8. 2011..The distinctive clinical presentation of VZV and its ubiquitous distribution make it an attractive model for estimating the variables that contribute to global differences in the transmission of airborne viruses...
- A proposal for a common nomenclature for viral clades that form the species varicella-zoster virus: summary of VZV Nomenclature Meeting 2008, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, 24-25 July 2008Judith Breuer
Division of Infection and Immunity, University College London, Windeyer Institute, 46 Cleveland Street, London WC1 4JF, UK
J Gen Virol 91:821-8. 2010..We propose a minimum set of SNPs that we recommend should be used to genotype these viruses. Finally, we suggest criteria by which novel clades can be recognized...
- VZV molecular epidemiologyJudith Breuer
University College London, W1 2BE, Bloomsbury, London
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 342:15-42. 2010..Genotyping methods, together with epidemiological data and modeling, have provided insights into global differences in the transmission patterns of this ubiquitous virus...
- Molecular studies of Varicella zoster virusMark Quinlivan
Centre for Infectious Diseases, Institute for Cell and Molecular Science, 4 Newark Street, Whitechapel, London, E1 2AT, UK
Rev Med Virol 16:225-50. 2006..In addition, a rat model has been developed and successfully used to uncover which viral proteins are important for both the establishment and maintenance of latent VZV infection...
- Use of oral fluid to examine the molecular epidemiology of varicella zoster virus in the United Kingdom and continental EuropeMark Quinlivan
University College London, London
J Infect Dis 207:588-93. 2013..Viruses from the same outbreak belonged to different clades, but no clade was associated with a severe-disease phenotype. OF is suitable and convenient for large-scale molecular epidemiological studies of VZV...
- No evidence of XMRV or related retroviruses in a London HIV-1-positive patient cohortEleanor R Gray
Department of Infection and Immunity, University College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e18096. 2011..It has also been suggested that the virus can be found circulating amongst the general population. The discovery has been controversial, with conflicting results from attempts to reproduce the original studies...
- Next-generation whole genome sequencing identifies the direction of norovirus transmission in linked patientsSamit Kundu
Division of Infection and Immunity, University College London, Cruciform Building, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
Clin Infect Dis 57:407-14. 2013..Detailed comparison of sequence data from 2 linked cases enabled us to identify the likely direction of spread...
- Deep sequencing of viral genomes provides insight into the evolution and pathogenesis of varicella zoster virus and its vaccine in humansDaniel P Depledge
MRC Centre for Medical Molecular Virology, Division of Infection and Immunity, London, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Evol 31:397-409. 2014....
- PEPtalk: postexposure prophylaxis against varicella in children with cancerJessica Bate
Division of Clinical Sciences, St George s, University of London, London, UK
Arch Dis Child 96:841-5. 2011....
- Molecular and therapeutic aspects of varicella-zoster virus infectionMark Quinlivan
Skin Virus Laboratory, Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, 4 Newark Street, Whitechapel, London, E1 28E, UK
Expert Rev Mol Med 7:1-24. 2005..In addition, VZV has become the first human herpes virus for which a live attenuated vaccine has been developed...
- RNA-seq analysis of host and viral gene expression highlights interaction between varicella zoster virus and keratinocyte differentiationMeleri Jones
Division of Infection and Immunity, University College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Pathog 10:e1003896. 2014..These studies highlight the intimate host-pathogen interaction following VZV infection of skin and provide insight into the mechanisms by which VZV remodels the epidermal environment to promote its own replication and spread. ..
- Varicella vaccination in Europe: are we ready for a universal childhood programme?Nitu Sengupta
Centre for Child Health, Royal London Hospital, 38 New Road, Whitechapel, London, E1 2AX, UK
Eur J Pediatr 167:47-55. 2008..The SIEVE recommends the implementation of such a policy as soon as financially and practically possible...