Affiliation: University of Bristol
- Associations of childhood and adulthood height and the components of height with insulin-like growth factor levels in adulthood: a 65-year follow-up of the Boyd Orr cohortIsabelle Bray
Defence Analytical Services Agency Health, Spur 7, Beckford Block, Ensleigh, Bath BA1 5AB, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:1382-9. 2006..Taller individuals with longer legs have a higher risk of cancer but a lower risk of coronary heart disease...
- Suicide rates, life satisfaction and happiness as markers for population mental healthIsabelle Bray
Dept of Social Medicine, Canynge Hall, Whiteladies Road, Bristol, BS8 2PR, UK
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 41:333-7. 2006..To examine the association of variables from survey data on well-being with suicide rates and other markers of population mental health in Europe...
- Increase in schizophrenia incidence rates: findings in a Canadian cohort born 1975-1985Isabelle Bray
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, Canynge Hall, Whiteladies Rd, Bristol, BS8 2PR, UK
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 41:611-8. 2006..g., Suvisaari et al. (1999) Arch Gen Psychiatry 56:733-740] and others showing an increasing rate [e.g., Boydell et al. (2003) Br J Psychiatry 182:45-49]...
- Advanced paternal age: how old is too old?Isabelle Bray
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, Canynge Hall, Whiteladies Road, Bristol BS8 2PR, UK
J Epidemiol Community Health 60:851-3. 2006..Adverse health outcomes should be weighed up against advantages for children born to older parents, mindful that these societal advantages are likely to change over time...
- Relationship between antidepressant sales and secular trends in suicide rates in the Nordic countriesSvein Reseland
KD G Consulting, Hosletoppen 56, 1362 Hosle, Norway
Br J Psychiatry 188:354-8. 2006..The effect of recent increases in antidepressant prescribing on population suicide rates is uncertain...