F L Bowling
Affiliation: University of Manchester
- Opportunistic pathogens in diabetic foot lesionsFrank L Bowling
University of Manchester, Manchester Diabetes Centre, 193 Hathersage Road, Manchester M13 0JE, UK
Curr Diabetes Rev 8:195-9. 2012..The quantity of microbial flora and pathogenicity expressed by the microorganisms involved will also have an effect...
- Gait-related strategies for the prevention of plantar ulcer development in the high risk footFrank L Bowling
Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, UK
Curr Diabetes Rev 7:159-63. 2011..This enhancement to the subcutaneous layer is remarkably well retained and is a generally well-adopted procedure in the clinical setting...
- Remote assessment of diabetic foot ulcers using a novel wound imaging systemFrank L Bowling
University of Manchester, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
Wound Repair Regen 19:25-30. 2011..g., moistness or exudation. Clinicians gave positive feedback on visual fidelity. This pilot study showed that a clinician viewing only the three-dimensional images could accurately measure and assess a diabetic foot wound remotely...
- Liquid silicone to mitigate plantar pedal pressure: a literature reviewFrank L Bowling
Central Manchester Foundation Trust, Manchester Diabetes Centre, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
J Diabetes Sci Technol 4:846-52. 2010..In situations where the patient is sensate, the resultant skin on bone situation is extremely painful, especially when walking...
- MRSA and diabetic foot wounds: contaminating or infecting organisms?Frank L Bowling
Manchester Diabetes Centre, 193 Hathersage Road, Manchester United Kingdom
Curr Diab Rep 9:440-4. 2009..In view of these factors, it is difficult to attribute infection to one bacterial species...
- Hydrodebridement of wounds: effectiveness in reducing wound bacterial contamination and potential for air bacterial contaminationFrank L Bowling
Department of Medicine Manchester Royal Infirmary, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
J Foot Ankle Res 2:13. 2009..The purpose of this study was to assess the level of air contamination with bacteria after surgical hydrodebridement and to determine the effectiveness of hydro surgery on bacterial reduction of a simulated infected wound...
- An assessment of the accuracy and usability of a novel optical wound measurement systemF L Bowling
Manchester Diabetes Centre, Manchester, UK
Diabet Med 26:93-6. 2009..Measurement of wound size can predict healing and provide information to guide treatment. This study assesses a novel optical wound imaging system that creates a three-dimensional image of the ulcer...
- Larval therapy: a novel treatment in eliminating methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus from diabetic foot ulcersFrank L Bowling
University Department of Medicine and Diabetes, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9WL, U.K
Diabetes Care 30:370-1. 2007
- Charcot neuroarthropathy: an unusual case and a review of the literatureEleanna V Salgami
University Department of Medicine, Manchester Royal Infirmary, UK
Int J Low Extrem Wounds 5:207-12. 2006..Further investigation with magnetic resonance and white cell-labeled imaging revealed osteomyelitis. Below-knee amputation was the only therapeutic option in this hindfoot collapse complicated with osteomyelitis...
- Use of tobramycin-impregnated calcium sulphate pellets in addition to oral antibiotics: an alternative treatment to minor amputation in a case of diabetic foot osteomyelitisEleanna V Salgami
Diabetes Care 30:181-2. 2007