Affiliation: University of Dundee
- Explaining clinical behaviors using multiple theoretical modelsMartin P Eccles
College of Life Sciences and Medicine, University of Aberdeen, Health Sciences Building 2nd floor, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Implement Sci 7:99. 2012..We reflect on the strengths and weaknesses of the methods, the performance of the theories, and consider where these methods sit alongside the range of methods for studying healthcare professional behavior change...
- Applying psychological theories to evidence-based clinical practice: identifying factors predictive of lumbar spine x-ray for low back pain in UK primary care practiceJeremy M Grimshaw
Clinical Epidemiology Programme, Ottawa Health Research Institute and Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, 1053 Carling Avenue, Administration Building Room 2 017, Ottawa, K1Y 4E9, Canada
Implement Sci 6:55. 2011....
- Applying psychological theories to evidence-based clinical practice: identifying factors predictive of placing preventive fissure sealantsDebbie Bonetti
Dental Health Services Research Unit, University of Dundee, Mackenzie Building, Kirsty Semple Way, Dundee DD2 4BF, UK
Implement Sci 5:25. 2010..However a number of conceptual and methodological challenges remain...
- Applying psychological theory to evidence-based clinical practice: identifying factors predictive of taking intra-oral radiographsDebbie Bonetti
Dental Health Services Research Unit, University of Dundee, UK
Soc Sci Med 63:1889-99. 2006....
- E-mail invitations to general practitioners were as effective as postal invitations and were more efficientShaun Treweek
Population Health Sciences, University of Dundee, Kirsty Semple Way, Dundee DD2 4BF, UK
J Clin Epidemiol 65:793-7. 2012..To evaluate which of two invitation methods, e-mail or post, was most effective at recruiting general practitioners (GPs) to an online trial...
- Developing and evaluating interventions to reduce inappropriate prescribing by general practitioners of antibiotics for upper respiratory tract infections: a randomised controlled trial to compare paper-based and web-based modelling experimentsShaun Treweek
Quality, Safety and Informatics Research Group, University of Dundee, Kirsty Semple Way, Dundee, UK
Implement Sci 6:16. 2011..They do this by delivering key elements of the intervention in a simulation that approximates clinical practice by, for example, presenting general practitioners (GPs) with a clinical scenario about making a treatment decision...
- Can't do it, won't do it! Developing a theoretically framed intervention to encourage better decontamination practice in Scottish dental practicesDebbie Bonetti
Dental Health Services Research Unit, University of Dundee, Mackenzie Building, Kirsty Semple Way, Dundee, DD2 4BF, UK
Implement Sci 4:31. 2009..The next phases of this work are to test the intervention feasibility and evaluate its effectiveness in a randomised control trial...
- Applying multiple models to predict clinicians' behavioural intention and objective behaviour when managing children's teethDebbie Bonetti
University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
Psychol Health 24:843-60. 2009....
- Guiding the design and selection of interventions to influence the implementation of evidence-based practice: an experimental simulation of a complex intervention trialDebbie Bonetti
Dental Health Services Research Unit, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK
Soc Sci Med 60:2135-47. 2005....
- IQuaD dental trial; improving the quality of dentistry: a multicentre randomised controlled trial comparing oral hygiene advice and periodontal instrumentation for the prevention and management of periodontal disease in dentate adults attending dental priJan E Clarkson
Dental Health Services Research Unit, Dundee Dental School, The University of Dundee, 9th Floor, Park Place, Dundee DD1 4HN, UK
BMC Oral Health 13:58. 2013..There is therefore an urgent need to assess the relative effectiveness of OHA and PI in a robust, sufficiently powered randomised controlled trial (RCT) in primary dental care...
- Dissemination of Cochrane resources beyond the libraryJan Elizabeth Clarkson
University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
J Evid Based Dent Pract 8:195-202. 2008..The overall aim of the Cochrane Collaboration is to help clinicians, researchers, purchasers, and patients make well-informed decisions about health care based on current best evidence...
- The translation research in a dental setting (TRiaDS) programme protocolJan E Clarkson
Dental Health Services and Research Unit, University of Dundee, Mackenzie Building, Kirsty Semple Way, Dundee, DD2 4BF, UK
Implement Sci 5:57. 2010....