Paula H B Bolton-Maggs
Affiliation: University of Liverpool
- The management of factor XI deficiencyP H Bolton-Maggs
Department of Haematology, Alder Hey Children s Hospital, Liverpool, UK
Haemophilia 4:683-8. 1998..If fresh frozen plasma is to be used, it is preferable to obtain one of the virally inactivated products. Fibrin glue is a useful treatment which deserves further study...
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpuraP H Bolton-Maggs
Royal Liverpool Children s Hospital, Alder Hey, Eaton Road, Liverpool L12 2AP, UK
Arch Dis Child 83:220-2. 2000..This is more likely in older children, especially girls. The disease is reviewed with reference to diagnosis, investigation, and management options...
- The nontreatment of childhood ITP (or "the art of medicine consists of amusing the patient until nature cures the disease")P H Bolton-Maggs
Royal Liverpool Children s Hospital, Alder Hey, UK
Semin Thromb Hemost 27:269-75. 2001....
- Haemophilias A and BPaula H B Bolton-Maggs
Department of Haematology, Royal Liverpool Children s Hospital, Liverpool, UK
Lancet 361:1801-9. 2003..The future holds the realistic possibility of gene therapy. However, we must not forget that haemophilia is a worldwide disorder that requires significant economic resources not available for the majority...
- A review of inherited platelet disorders with guidelines for their management on behalf of the UKHCDOPaula H B Bolton-Maggs
Department of Haematology, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
Br J Haematol 135:603-33. 2006....
- The prevalence of the cysteine1584 variant of von Willebrand factor is increased in type 1 von Willebrand disease: co-segregation with increased susceptibility to ADAMTS13 proteolysis but not clinical phenotypeDerrick J Bowen
Department of Haematology, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff GF14 4XN, UK
Br J Haematol 128:830-6. 2005..Increased susceptibility of C1584 VWF to ADAMTS13 proteolysis may be physiologically significant and increase an individual's risk of bleeding and presenting with VWD...
- An investigation of the von Willebrand factor genotype in UK patients diagnosed to have type 1 von Willebrand diseaseAnthony Cumming
University Department of Haematology, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
Thromb Haemost 96:630-41. 2006..Unless linkage of VWD phenotype with the VWF gene can be clearly demonstrated, the results of any genetic family studies should be interpreted with caution...
- Optimal haemophilia care versus the realityPaula H B Bolton-Maggs
Manchester Haemophilia Comprehensive Care Centre, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
Br J Haematol 132:671-82. 2006..The development of inhibitory antibodies seriously complicates the management both in morbidity and cost. While gene therapy has not yet produced the hoped-for cure, new technologies will produce improved products...
- Haemophilia--paucity of evidence, ways forward?Paula H B Bolton-Maggs
Manchester Haemophilia Comprehensive Care Centre, Department of Clinical Haematology, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 14:S7-9. 2003..Some preliminary questions can establish areas where new clinical studies are needed...
- Congenital afibrinogenemia: identification and expression of a missense mutation in FGB impairing fibrinogen secretionDung Vu
Centre Medical Universitaire, 1 rue Michel Servet, CH 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Blood 102:4413-5. 2003....
- The importance of tissue factor source in the management of Factor VII deficiencyPaula H B Bolton-Maggs
Manchester Haemophilia, Comprehensive Care Centre, Department of Clinical Haematology, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
Thromb Haemost 97:151-2. 2007