Affiliation: University of Manchester
- A qualitative study of GPs' attitudes to self-management of chronic diseaseTom Blakeman
The National Primary Care Research and Development Centre, Manchester
Br J Gen Pract 56:407-14. 2006..However, changes to the way professionals deliver care is complex, and it is important to understand the key drivers and barriers that may operate in the primary care setting...
- Understanding the management of early-stage chronic kidney disease in primary care: a qualitative studyTom Blakeman
Health Sciences Research Group, and Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care CLAHRC for Greater Manchester, School for Community Based Medicine, University of Manchester, Manchester
Br J Gen Pract 62:e233-42. 2012..However, there is evidence that CKD management is currently suboptimal, with a range of practitioner concerns about its management...
- Delivering the WISE (Whole Systems Informing Self-Management Engagement) training package in primary care: learning from formative evaluationAnne Kennedy
National Primary Care Research and Development Centre, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK
Implement Sci 5:7. 2010..The patient arm of the approach was strengthened by raising expectations of a change in approach to self-care support by their practice...
- Bringing self-management into clinical view: a qualitative study of long-term condition management in primary care consultationsTom Blakeman
NPCRDC, The University of Manchester Williamson Building, Manchester, UK
Chronic Illn 6:136-50. 2010..To understand social processes underpinning support for self-management of long-term conditions in primary care...
- The Quality and Outcomes Framework and self-management dialogue in primary care consultations: a qualitative studyTom Blakeman
School of Community Based Medicine, Health Sciences, Primary Care Research Group, The University of Manchester, Manchester
Br J Gen Pract 61:e666-73. 2011..Although both elements are viewed as necessary, their interaction is not well understood...
- A cluster randomised controlled trial of the clinical and cost-effectiveness of a 'whole systems' model of self-management support for the management of long- term conditions in primary care: trial protocolPeter Bower
Primary Care Research Group, Community Based Medicine, University of Manchester, 5th Floor Williamson Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
Implement Sci 7:7. 2012....
- Practice nurses and the facilitation of self-management in primary careWendy Macdonald
National Primary Care Research and Development Centre, Manchester, UK
J Adv Nurs 62:191-9. 2008..This paper is a report of a study to explore practice nurse involvement in facilitation of self-management for long-term conditions...
- An intervention to promote patient participation and self-management in long term conditions: development and feasibility testingJoanne Protheroe
National Primary Care Research and Development Centre, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M139PL, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 10:206. 2010..In line with current guidance on the development of complex interventions, our aim was to develop and refine the initial intervention using qualitative methods, prior to more formal evaluation...
- Multimorbidity, service organization and clinical decision making in primary care: a qualitative studyPeter Bower
National Institute for Health Research School for Primary Care Research, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, Health Sciences Research Group, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
Fam Pract 28:579-87. 2011..Primary care professionals often manage patients with multiple long-term health conditions, but managing multimorbidity is challenging given time and resource constraints and interactions between conditions...
- The clinical and cost-effectiveness of the BRinging Information and Guided Help Together (BRIGHT) intervention for the self-management support of people with stage 3 chronic kidney disease in primary care: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialChristian Blickem
Centre for Primary Care, Institute of Population Health, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
Trials 14:28. 2013..This paper outlines the implementation and evaluation of a self-management intervention involving an information guidebook, tailored access to local resources and telephone support for people with stage 3 chronic kidney disease...
- Using a division based diabetes register to target patients for enhanced primary care care planningMiranda L Coulson
Aust Fam Physician 31:1064. 2002