Affiliation: University of Aberdeen
- Measuring the population burden of chronic kidney disease: a systematic literature review of the estimated prevalence of impaired kidney functionKeith McCullough
NHS Grampian, Aberdeen, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:1812-21. 2012..In 2002, a new and globally adopted definition of CKD was introduced. The burden of kidney function impairment in the population is unclear and widely ranging prevalence estimates have been reported...
- Community hospitals--the place of local service provision in a modernising NHS: an integrative thematic literature reviewDavid Heaney
Centre for Rural Health, University of Aberdeen, The Green House, Beechwood Business Park, Inverness IV2 2BL, UK
BMC Public Health 6:309. 2006..This integrative literature review sought to identify and assess the current evidence base for CHs...
- Cesarean delivery in the United Kingdom: time trends in the general practice research databaseCorri Black
Department of Public Health, University of Aberdeen, Scotland
Obstet Gynecol 106:151-5. 2005..To estimate recent temporal trends in delivery by cesarean during the past decade and the proportion of vaginal deliveries after prior caesarean in the United Kingdom...
- MMR vaccine and idiopathic thrombocytopaenic purpuraCorri Black
Department of Public Health, Aberdeen University, Aberdeen, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 55:107-11. 2003....
- Population screening for lung cancer using computed tomography, is there evidence of clinical effectiveness? A systematic review of the literatureCorri Black
Aberdeen Health Technology Assessment Group, Department of Public Health, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, UK
Thorax 62:131-8. 2007..Currently, there is insufficient evidence that computed tomography screening is clinically effective in reducing mortality from lung cancer...
- Relation of childhood gastrointestinal disorders to autism: nested case-control study using data from the UK General Practice Research DatabaseCorri Black
Boston Collaborative Drug Surveillance Program, Boston University School of Medicine, MA 02421, USA
BMJ 325:419-21. 2002..To assess whether children with autism are more likely to have a history of gastrointestinal disorders than children without autism...
- Menopause-related workload in general practice 1996-2005: a retrospective study in the UKLisa Iversen
Centre of Academic Primary Care, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill Health Centre, Westburn Road, Aberdeen AB25 2AY, UK
Fam Pract 27:499-506. 2010..Women with menopausal symptoms often consult with a health professional. Recently, hormone replacement therapy (HRT) prescribing has declined but the impact of this change on other aspects of general practice workload is unclear...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers for adults with early (stage 1 to 3) non-diabetic chronic kidney diseasePawana Sharma
Health Services Research Unit, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, Grampian, UK, AB25 2ZD
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 10:CD007751. 2011....
- Previous maternal oral contraception and the risk among subsequent offspring of asthma diagnosis in early childhoodMustafa F Osman
Institute of Applied Health Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Polwarth Building, Aberdeen, UK
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 23:567-73. 2009..The small statistically significant associations were not among children with characteristic features of asthma such as those with eczema and may be due to bias, uncontrolled confounding or chance...
- Changes in risk of autism in the U.K. for birth cohorts 1990-1998Hershel Jick
Epidemiology 14:630-2. 2003
- Incidence of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura/hemolytic uremic syndromeDavid P Miller
Ingenix, Newton, Massachusetts 02466, USA
Epidemiology 15:208-15. 2004..Apparent international differences in incidence could be the result of imprecision in identifying thrombotic thrombocytopenia purpura and hemolytic uremic syndrome in large research databases...
- Incidence and prevalence of drug-treated attention deficit disorder among boys in the UKHershel Jick
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston University, Lexington, MA, USA
Br J Gen Pract 54:345-7. 2004..Since no quantitative data on the incidence and prevalence of drug-treated ADD are available in the UK, we used the general practice research database (GPRD) to obtain such information...
- Validity of the general practice research databaseSusan S Jick
Boston Collaborative Drug Surveillance Program, Boston University School of Medicine, Lexington, Massachusetts 02421, USA
Pharmacotherapy 23:686-9. 2003..We reviewed evidence related to the validity of the GPRD. Specifically, with our extensive experience with this automated database, we evaluated the quality and completeness of the data that it contains...
- Clinical risk factors for venous thromboembolus in users of the combined oral contraceptive pillCorri Black
Boston Collaborative Drug Surveillance Program, Boston University School of Medicine, 11 Muzzey Street, Lexington, MA 02421, USA
Br J Clin Pharmacol 53:637-40. 2002....