Affiliation: University Hospital of Wales
- Sequential treatment with exemestane and non-steroidal aromatase inhibitors in advanced breast cancerGianfilippo Bertelli
South West Wales Cancer Institute, Swansea, United Kingdom
Oncology 69:471-7. 2005..If exemestane is used as first anti-aromatase agent, however, it is unclear whether patients can still benefit from letrozole or anastrozole after progression...
- Maintenance hormone therapy with letrozole after first-line chemotherapy for advanced breast cancerGianfilippo Bertelli
South West Wales Cancer Institute, University of Wales Swansea, Swansea, UK
Oncology 68:364-70. 2005..We investigated the effects of the third-generation aromatase inhibitor letrozole as a maintenance therapy in postmenopausal patients who had responded or had stable disease with first-line chemotherapy...
- Weekly docetaxel and zoledronic acid every 4 weeks in hormone-refractory prostate cancer patientsGianfilippo Bertelli
Singleton Hospital, South West Wales Cancer Institute, Sketty, Swansea, SA2 8QA, UK
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 57:46-51. 2006..To investigate the safety and efficacy of docetaxel and zoledronic acid in patients with hormone-refractory prostate cancer (HRPC), based on preclinical evidence of synergism between taxanes and bisphosphonates...
- Optimal sequence of hormonotherapy in advanced breast cancerGianfilippo Bertelli
Department of Oncology, Singleton Hospital, Swansea, UK
Curr Opin Oncol 18:572-7. 2006..The review describes the most relevant evidence that can contribute to the optimal positioning of each agent in the sequence...
- Exemestane in postmenopausal women with early or advanced breast cancer: a reviewGianfilippo Bertelli
Singleton Hospital, South West Wales Cancer Institute, Sketty Lane, Swansea SA28QA, Wales, UK
Expert Opin Pharmacother 11:1933-42. 2010..Exemestane is a third-generation steroidal irreversible inactivator of the aromatase enzyme used in early and advanced breast cancer for the treatment of postmenopausal women with estrogen-receptor-positive disease...
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy in breast cancer patients: the medical oncology perspectiveTiziana Catzeddu
Division of Medical Oncology, National Cancer Reasearch Institute, Genoa, Italy
J Surg Oncol 85:129-32. 2004..The new version of the staging system of breast cancer has recognised the need for a standard diagnostic approach and of a nomenclature system which also takes SLNB into account...
- A randomized trial of exemestane after two to three years of tamoxifen therapy in postmenopausal women with primary breast cancerR Charles Coombes
Department of Cancer Medicine, Imperial College and Charing Cross Hospital, London, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 350:1081-92. 2004..04). CONCLUSIONS: Exemestane therapy after two to three years of tamoxifen therapy significantly improved disease-free survival as compared with the standard five years of tamoxifen treatment...
- The in vitro anti-tumour activity of zoledronic acid and docetaxel at clinically achievable concentrations in prostate cancerClaire Morgan
Human Cancer Studies Group, School of Medicine, Swansea University, UK
Acta Oncol 46:669-77. 2007....
- Carboplatin and weekly paclitaxel in non-small cell lung cancer patients unfit for or pretreated with chemotherapyGianmauro Numico
Medical Oncology, S Croce General Hospital, Via M Coppino 26, 12100 Cuneo, Italy
Anticancer Res 25:2555-9. 2005..Carboplatin-Paclitaxel is one of the most active regimens in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). We assessed the administration of weekly Paclitaxel as second-line chemotherapy, or as first-line chemotherapy in unfit patients...