Affiliation: University of Leeds
- DNA double strand break repair in human bladder cancer is error prone and involves microhomology-associated end-joiningJohanne Bentley
Cancer Research UK Clinical Centre, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, LS9 7TF, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 32:5249-59. 2004..Therefore, in high-grade tumours mismatched DSBs are repaired by a highly mutagenic, microhomology-mediated, alternative end-joining pathway, a process that may contribute to genomic instability observed in bladder cancer...
- Papillary and muscle invasive bladder tumors with distinct genomic stability profiles have different DNA repair fidelity and KU DNA-binding activitiesJohanne Bentley
Cancer Research UK Clinical Centre, Section of Experimental Oncology, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 48:310-21. 2009..End-joining fidelity correlated with stage and was increasingly error-prone as tumors became more invasive and KU binding activity reduced; these changes may underlie the different genomic profiles of these tumors...
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia: an investigation into the role of Bcr-Abl-induced abnormalities in glucose transport regulationKay Barnes
School of Biochemistry and Microbiology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Oncogene 24:3257-67. 2005....
- Development of a rapid, small-scale DNA repair assay for use on clinical samplesChristine P Diggle
Cancer Research UK Clinical Centre, St James s University Hospital, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 31:e83. 2003..The application of this method will allow investigation of the role of DSB DNA repair pathways in human tumours...
- In vitro functional effects of XPC gene rare variants from bladder cancer patientsBoling Qiao
Section of Experimental Oncology, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, St James s University Hospital, Beckett St, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Carcinogenesis 32:516-21. 2011..These assays may be useful in determining which rare variants are functional, prior to large genotyping efforts...
- 4-Alkoxy-2,6-diaminopyrimidine derivatives: inhibitors of cyclin dependent kinases 1 and 2Veronique Mesguiche
Northern Institute of Cancer Research and Department of Chemistry, Bedson Building, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU, UK
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 13:217-22. 2003..Thus the parent compound, 4-cyclohexylmethoxy-5-nitrosopyrimidine-2,6-diamine (NU6027), remains the optimal basis for future structure-activity studies for cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors in this series...
- Interleukin-3-mediated cell survival signals include phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent translocation of the glucose transporter GLUT1 to the cell surfaceJohanne Bentley
School of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:39337-48. 2003..We conclude that one component of the survival mechanisms elicited by IL-3 involves the subcellular redistribution of glucose transporters, thus ensuring the supply of a key metabolic substrate...
- Structure-based design of 2-arylamino-4-cyclohexylmethoxy-5-nitroso-6-aminopyrimidine inhibitors of cyclin-dependent kinase 2Francesco Marchetti
Northern Institute for Cancer Research, School of Natural Sciences Chemistry, Bedson Building, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UKNE1 7RU
Org Biomol Chem 5:1577-85. 2007..The SARs determined in this study are discussed with reference to the crystal structure of 4-(6-amino-4-cyclohexylmethoxy-5-nitrosopyrimidin-2-ylamino)-N-(2,3-dihydroxypropyl)benzenesulfonamide (7j) bound to phosphorylated CDK2/cyclin A...
- Structure-based design of 2-arylamino-4-cyclohexylmethyl-5-nitroso-6-aminopyrimidine inhibitors of cyclin-dependent kinases 1 and 2Kerry L Sayle
Northern Institute for Cancer Research, School of Natural Sciences Chemistry, Bedson Building, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU, UK
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 13:3079-82. 2003....
- Structure-based design of a potent purine-based cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitorThomas G Davies
Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics and Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, Oxford, OX1 3QU, UK
Nat Struct Biol 9:745-9. 2002..Furthermore, the potency of O(6)-cyclohexylmethyl-2-(4'- sulfamoylanilino)purine was both predicted and fully rationalized on the basis of protein-ligand interactions...
- Probing the ATP ribose-binding domain of cyclin-dependent kinases 1 and 2 with O(6)-substituted guanine derivativesAshleigh E Gibson
Department of Chemistry and Cancer Research Unit, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, United Kingdom
J Med Chem 45:3381-93. 2002..Thus, the parent compound O(6)-cyclohexylmethylguanine (NU2058, 25) is the preferred starting point for exploring other areas of the kinase active site...