Peter O Behan
Affiliation: University of Glasgow
- Multiple sclerosis is not an autoimmune diseaseAbhijit Chaudhuri
Division of Clinical Neurology, University of Glasgow, Scotland
Arch Neurol 61:1610-2. 2004
- A gene signature for post-infectious chronic fatigue syndromeJohn W Gow
Essex Centre for Neurological Sciences, Oldchurch Hospital, Romford, RM7 0BE, UK
BMC Med Genomics 2:38. 2009..The representative biomarkers identified in this research appear promising as potential biomarkers for diagnosis and treatment...
- Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis: postinfectious, postimmunization and variant formsPeter O Behan
Division of Clinical Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, University of Glasgow, UK and School of Life Sciences, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, UK
Expert Rev Neurother 9:1321-9. 2009..Treatment with high dose steroids clearly helps as do immunosuppressives and plasma exchange. Whilst the prognosis is generally good, some series have shown 20% mortality, often with high morbidity...
- The sad plight of multiple sclerosis research (low on fact, high on fiction): critical data to support it being a neurocristopathyPeter O Behan
Department of Neurology, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Glasgow University, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Inflammopharmacology 18:265-90. 2010..2010). Research directed to the area of neural crest associations is likely to be rewarding...
- The clinical spectrum, diagnosis, pathogenesis and treatment of Hashimoto's encephalopathy (recurrent acute disseminated encephalomyelitis)Abhijit Chaudhuri
Department of Neurology, Instuitute of Neurological Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Curr Med Chem 10:1945-53. 2003..Serological screening for anti-thyroid antibody should form part of the initial investigations in all relapsing and reversible encephalopathies...
- Fatigue in neurological disordersAbhijit Chaudhuri
Division of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G51 4TF, UK
Lancet 363:978-88. 2004..The contributions of physiological, cognitive, and affective changes underlying fatigue are variable, and treatment is largely symptomatic and rehabilitative...