- Splicing-dependent RNA polymerase pausing in yeast
Ross D Alexander
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, University of Edinburgh, King s Buildings, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, UK
Mol Cell 40:582-93. 2010
..Phosphorylated polymerase also accumulates around the 3' splice sites of constitutively expressed, endogenous yeast genes. We propose that transcriptional pausing is imposed by a checkpoint associated with cotranscriptional splicing...
- Lsm proteins and RNA processing
J D Beggs
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, School of Biological Sciences, University of Edinburgh, King s Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, U K
Biochem Soc Trans 33:433-8. 2005
..This article reviews the properties of the Sm and Lsm proteins and structurally and functionally related proteins in archaea and eubacteria...
- Characterization of Sm-like proteins in yeast and their association with U6 snRNA
A E Mayes
Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Edinburgh, King s Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, UK
EMBO J 18:4321-31. 1999
..We discuss the possible existence and functions of alternative Lsm complexes, including the likelihood that they are involved in processes other than pre-mRNA splicing...
- Polypeptide components of Drosophila small nuclear ribonucleoprotein particles
Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Edinburgh
Nucleic Acids Res 19:5877-82. 1991
- PRP4 (RNA4) from Saccharomyces cerevisiae: its gene product is associated with the U4/U6 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein particle
S P Bjørn
Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 9:3698-709. 1989
..Immunoprecipitations with the antibodies indicated that the PRP4 protein is associated with the U4/U6 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein particle...
- Conservation between yeast and man of a protein associated with U5 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein
G J Anderson
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Edinburgh, UK
Nature 342:819-21. 1989
..The HeLa cell protein has an Mr greater than 200K and is associated with purified 20S U5 snRNPs. This is the first report of phylogenetic conservation between yeast and man of a protein splicing factor...
- The identification and characterization of a novel splicing protein, Isy1p, of Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
RNA 5:360-8. 1999
..Using a sensitive in vivo splicing assay, however, we observed lower splicing efficiency in the isy1 null mutant compared to wild-type, indicating that Isy1 p is important in the optimization of splicing...
- Extensive genetic interactions between PRP8 and PRP17/CDC40, two yeast genes involved in pre-mRNA splicing and cell cycle progression
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Biotechnology, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv 69978, Israel
Genetics 154:61-71. 2000
..On the basis of these findings, we propose a model for the mode of interaction between the Prp8 and Prp17 proteins during the second catalytic step of the splicing reaction...
- Yeast Sm-like proteins function in mRNA decapping and decay
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721, USA
Nature 404:515-8. 2000
..In addition, the Lsm complex that functions in mRNA decay appears to be distinct from the U6-associated Lsm complex, indicating that Lsm proteins form specific complexes that affect different aspects of mRNA metabolism...