Affiliation: University of Manchester
- Protein transport and flagellum assembly dynamics revealed by analysis of the paralysed trypanosome mutant snl-1P Bastin
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
J Cell Sci 112:3769-77. 1999..Observation of PFR components indicate that these are likely to be regulated and modulated throughout the cell cycle...
- Flagellar morphogenesis: protein targeting and assembly in the paraflagellar rod of trypanosomesP Bastin
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 19:8191-200. 1999..This seven-amino-acid sequence is conserved in all PFRA and PFRC proteins and shows homology to a sequence in the flagellar dynein heavy chain of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii...
- Flagellum ontogeny in trypanosomes studied via an inherited and regulated RNA interference systemP Bastin
University of Manchester, School of Biological Sciences, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
J Cell Sci 113:3321-8. 2000..The inducible RNAi approach will have widespread applicability in studies of gene function and cellular processes in parasites...
- Inside and outside of the trypanosome flagellum:a multifunctional organelleP Bastin
Department of Biochemistry, School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, 2 205 Stopford Building, Oxford Road, M13 9PT, Manchester, UK
Microbes Infect 2:1865-74. 2000..This is the case of the flagellum, containing conventional and unique structures whose role in infectivity is still enigmatic...
- Genetic interference in protozoaP Bastin
University of Manchester, School of Biological Sciences, UK
Res Microbiol 152:123-9. 2001..We present here similar genetic interference phenomena in highly divergent protozoa, Trypanosoma and Paramecium, and look ahead to what contribution these microorganisms could bring to this fast-moving area...