Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- Mitochondrial beta-oxidationKim Bartlett
Department of Child Health, Sir James Spence Institute of Child Health, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Eur J Biochem 271:462-9. 2004..Clearly, when one or more enzyme activities are attenuated because of a mutation, the major site of flux control will change...
- Tandem mass spectrometry--the potentialK Bartlett
Spence Biochemical Genetics Unit, Sir James Spence Institute of Child Health, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Royal Victoria Infirmary, UK
J Inherit Metab Dis 22:568-71. 1999..We also indicate some of the more recent developments of this technology that have potential diagnostic applications...
- Defects of beta-oxidation including carnitine deficiencyK Bartlett
Department of Child Health, Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4LP, United Kingdom
Int Rev Neurobiol 53:469-516. 2002
- Intermediates of myocardial mitochondrial beta-oxidation: possible channelling of NADH and of CoA estersS Eaton
Sir James Spence Institute of Child Health, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4LP, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1437:402-8. 1999..This may imply the presence of a mitochondrial carnitine octanoyl transferase or may reflect channelling of long-chain CoA esters so that they are not available for carnitine palmitoyl transferase II activity...
- Plasma coenzyme Q(10) in children and adolescents undergoing doxorubicin therapyS Eaton
Sir James Spence Institute of Child Health, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Queen Victoria Road, NE1 4LP, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Clin Chim Acta 302:1-9. 2000..We conclude that the cardiotoxicity due to doxorubicin therapy does not involve acute myocardial depletion of coenzyme Q(10)...
- Misfolding, degradation, and aggregation of variant proteins. The molecular pathogenesis of short chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase (SCAD) deficiencyChristina Bak Pedersen
Research Unit for Molecular Medicine, Aarhus University Hospital, Skejby Sygehus, DK 8200 Aarhus, Denmark
J Biol Chem 278:47449-58. 2003..The latter finding may indicate that accumulation of aggregated SCAD proteins may play a role in the pathogenesis of SCAD deficiency...