Affiliation: University of Manchester
- The presence of neurological soft signs along the psychosis proneness continuumEmma Barkus
Neuroscience and Psychiatry Department, University of Manchester, Stopford Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Schizophr Bull 32:573-7. 2006..It appears that soft signs are also associated with psychosis proneness when measured in the general population, which suggests that soft signs are distributed along a continuum of risk for schizophrenia...
- Cannabis-induced psychosis-like experiences are associated with high schizotypyE J Barkus
Neuroscience and Psychiatry Unit, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Psychopathology 39:175-8. 2006..We tested the hypothesis that cannabis use increases the likelihood of psychosis-like experiences in non-clinical participants who scored highly on a measure of schizotypy...
- A comparison of two delivery modalities of a mobile phone-based assessment for serious mental illness: native smartphone application vs text-messaging only implementationsJohn Ainsworth
NIBHI Manchester Health e Research Centre, Institue of Population Health, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
J Med Internet Res 15:e60. 2013..Little is known about the strengths and limitations of these two approaches in monitoring symptoms in individuals with serious mental illness...
- Integrating mobile-phone based assessment for psychosis into people's everyday lives and clinical care: a qualitative studyJasper E Palmier-Claus
Division of Clinical Psychology, School of Psychological Sciences, The University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, United Kingdom
BMC Psychiatry 13:34. 2013..Little is currently understood about patients' perceptions of these systems, and how they might be implemented into their everyday routine and clinical care...
- A validation of cognitive biomarkers for the early identification of cognitive enhancing agents in schizotypy: a three-center double-blind placebo-controlled studyIvan Koychev
Neuroscience and Psychiatry Unit, School of Community Based Medicine, The University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 22:469-81. 2012..Studies using similar design could help the early assessment of potential of compounds designed to improve cognition in schizophrenia...
- Cognitive and neural processes in non-clinical auditory hallucinationsEmma Barkus
Neuroscience and Psychiatry Unit, The University of Manchester, Stopford Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Br J Psychiatry Suppl 51:s76-81. 2007..The nosological status of auditory hallucinations in non-clinical samples is unclear...
- MRI diffusion tractography study in individuals with schizotypal features: A pilot studyRichard P Smallman
Neuroscience and Psychiatry Unit, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, UK School of Psychological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 221:49-57. 2014..Correlations between mild hallucinatory experience and FA values could indicate increasing tract coherence could be associated with symptom formation. ..
- The feasibility and validity of ambulatory self-report of psychotic symptoms using a smartphone software applicationJasper E Palmier-Claus
School of Community Based Medicine, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, UK
BMC Psychiatry 12:172. 2012....
- Evaluation of state and trait biomarkers in healthy volunteers for the development of novel drug treatments in schizophreniaIvan Koychev
Neuroscience and Psychiatry Unit, School of Community Based Medicine, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
J Psychopharmacol 25:1207-25. 2011..Until then such biomarker studies can provide evidence of drugs engaging with the mechanism of interest and encouragement of the concept...
- Cannabis-induced psychotic-like experiences are predicted by high schizotypy. Confirmation of preliminary results in a large cohortJ Stirling
Department of Psychology and Speech Pathology, Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester, UK
Psychopathology 41:371-8. 2008..We now present findings from pooled data from 3 new follow-up studies comprising a sample of 477 respondents, of whom 332 reported using cannabis at least once...
- Hallucination proneness, schizotypy and meta-cognitionJohn Stirling
Department of Psychology, Manchester Metropolitan University, Elizabeth Gaskell Building, Hathersage Road, M13 0JA, UK
Behav Res Ther 45:1401-8. 2007..High schizotypy predicts a negative appraisal about both the controllability and consequences of thinking...