Affiliation: University of Leeds
- A genome-wide study of PDZ-domain interactions in C. elegans reveals a high frequency of non-canonical bindingNicolas Lenfant
INSERM, U891, CRCM, Marseille, F 13009, France
BMC Genomics 11:671. 2010..We undertook a comprehensive search for protein partners of all individual PDZ domains in C. elegans to characterize their function and mode of interaction...
- Escherichia coli MW005: lambda Red-mediated recombineering and copy-number induction of oriV-equipped constructs in a single hostMarcel Westenberg
Pharmaceutical Science Division, King s College London, 150 Stamford Street, London, SE1 9NH, UK
BMC Biotechnol 10:27. 2010..To eliminate these intervening DNA isolation and transformation steps we retrofitted EL350 with a PBAD-driven trfA gene generating strain MW005 that supports, independently, both recombineering and copy-number induction...
- The Caenorhabditis elegans sirtuin gene, sir-2.1, is widely expressed and induced upon caloric restrictionSophie Bamps
Institute of Integrative and Comparative Biology, Faculty of Biological Sciences, The University of Leeds, Woodhouse Lane, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Mech Ageing Dev 130:762-70. 2009..1 leads to extension of lifespan and deletion of the gene shortens lifespan. The sir-2.1 gene, however, is located in an operon, an organization not taken into account in previous studies of this gene's expression...
- Large-scale gene expression pattern analysis, in situ, in Caenorhabditis elegansSophie Bamps
Institute of Integrative and Comparative Biology, Faculty of Biological Sciences, The University of Leeds, Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK
Brief Funct Genomic Proteomic 7:175-83. 2008....
- Distinct mechanisms for delimiting expression of four Caenorhabditis elegans transcription factor genes encoding activators or repressorsSophie Bamps
Institute of Integrative and Comparative Biology, Faculty of Biological Sciences, The University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Mol Genet Genomics 286:95-107. 2011..This leads to observations concerning the implications of these different mechanisms on stochastic noise in gene expression and the consequent significance for developmental decisions in general...
- The significance of alternative transcripts for Caenorhabditis elegans transcription factor genes, based on expression pattern analysisHannah L Craig
School of Biology, Faculty of Biological Sciences, The University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
BMC Genomics 14:249. 2013..But it is unclear to what extent alternative transcripts from these genes may further increase the complexity of the transcription factor complement...