D R Baldwin
Affiliation: University of Nottingham
- Under utilisation of the 2-week wait initiative for lung cancer by primary care and its effect on the urgent referral pathwayN R Lewis
Department of Respiratory Medicine, David Evans Centre, Nottingham City Hospital, Hucknall Road, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK
Br J Cancer 93:905-8. 2005..Patients referred outside the 2-week wait are disadvantaged and thus practitioners would be wise to refer all their patients through the 2-week wait system...
- Management of solitary pulmonary nodules: how do thoracic computed tomography and guided fine needle biopsy influence clinical decisions?D R Baldwin
Department of Respiratory Medicine, City Hospital, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK
Thorax 57:817-22. 2002..A study was undertaken to determine the effect of CT and FNB derived information on clinical decision making in patients with a solitary pulmonary nodule < or = 3 cm in diameter on initial chest radiography...
- Interpretation of occupational peak flow records: level of agreement between expert clinicians and Oasys-2D R Baldwin
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Nottingham City Hospital, UK
Thorax 57:860-4. 2002..A study was undertaken to assess the level of agreement between expert clinicians interpreting serial PEF measurements in relation to work exposure and to compare the responses given by Oasys-2...
- Treatment decisions and survival for people with small-cell lung cancerH A Powell
1 Nottingham Respiratory Research Unit, Clinical Sciences Building, University of Nottingham, Nottingham City Hospital, Hucknall Road, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK 2 Epidemiology and Public Health, Clinical Sciences Building, University of Nottingham, Nottingham City Hospital, Hucknall Road, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK
Br J Cancer 110:908-15. 2014..Chemotherapy improves survival for many patients with SCLC, and hence it is important to understand variations in practice and outcomes for this treatment strategy...
- UK Lung Screen (UKLS) nodule management protocol: modelling of a single screen randomised controlled trial of low-dose CT screening for lung cancerD R Baldwin
Respiratory Medicine Unit, David Evans Research Centre, Nottingham University Hospitals, City Campus, Hucknall Road, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK
Thorax 66:308-13. 2011..This modelling has resulted in the development and adoption of the UKLS care pathway, which will be implemented in the planned CT screening trial in the UK...
- Lung cancer survival in England: trends in non-small-cell lung cancer survival over the duration of the National Lung Cancer AuditA Khakwani
Division of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK
Br J Cancer 109:2058-65. 2013..In comparison with other European and North American countries, England has poor survival figures for lung cancer. Our aim was to evaluate the changes in survival since the introduction of the National Lung Cancer Audit (NLCA)...