T J Aspray
Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- Treatment of osteoporosis in women intolerant of oral bisphosphonatesTerry J Aspray
Musculoskeletal Unit, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Maturitas 71:76-8. 2012..Finally, consideration is given to clinical risk factors, including aspects of lifestyle which may be modified to decrease fracture risk...
- Rapid assessment methods used for health-equity audit: diabetes mellitus among frail British care-home residentsTerry J Aspray
Institute for Ageing and Health, Newcastle General Hospital, Westgate Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK Diabetes Centre, Newcastle General Hospital, Westgate Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Public Health 120:1042-51. 2006..To perform a health-equity audit of diabetes care among elderly care-home residents...
- Diabetes in British nursing and residential homes: a pragmatic screening studyTerence J Aspray
Institute for AgeingHealth, Newcastle University, c o Sunderland Royal Hospital, Kayll Road, Sunderland SR4 7TP, U K
Diabetes Care 29:707-8. 2006
- Low bone mineral density measurements in care home residents--a treatable cause of fracturesTerry J Aspray
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Institute for Ageing and Health, Newcastle General Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Age Ageing 35:37-41. 2006..to assess predictors of fracture risk and treatment for osteoporosis among elderly care home residents...
- Rural and urban differences in diabetes prevalence in Tanzania: the role of obesity, physical inactivity and urban livingT J Aspray
Department of Medicine, Medical School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, UK
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 94:637-44. 2000..The avoidance of obesity in the adult population is likely to prevent increases in diabetes incidence in this population...
- Hypertension prevalence and care in an urban and rural area of TanzaniaR Edwards
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, School of Health Sciences, The Medical School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Hypertens 18:145-52. 2000..To describe the prevalence, detection, treatment and control of hypertension in an urban and rural area of Tanzania...
- Diabetes in care homes: current care standards and residents' experienceA J Yarnall
Clinical Ageing Research Unit Institute of Health and Society, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Diabet Med 29:132-5. 2012..The Diabetes UK good clinical practice guidelines for care home residents were revised in 2010. In this study, we examined current care against these standards and sought the views of residents on their diabetes...
- Diabetes in sub-Saharan AfricaT J Aspray
Department of Medicine, The Medical School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Adv Exp Med Biol 498:21-6. 2001..Finally, health promotion, primary prevention and health screening strategies for chronic diseases such as diabetes, stroke and coronary heart disease are required...
- Back pain in osteoporotic vertebral fracturesR M Francis
School of Clinical Medical Sciences, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Osteoporos Int 19:895-903. 2008....
- Clinical guidelines for older adults with diabetes mellitusTerence J Aspray
JAMA 296:1839-40; author reply 1840. 2006
- Parathyroid hormone and rates of bone formation are raised in perimenopausal rural Gambian womenTerence J Aspray
MRC Human Nutrition Research, Elsie Widdowson Laboratory, Cambridge, UK
Bone 36:710-20. 2005..We postulate that high endogenous PTH concentrations may be beneficial to bone health in Gambian women, removing fatigue damage and improving bone quality...
- Exposure over the life course to an urban environment and its relation with obesity, diabetes, and hypertension in rural and urban CameroonEugene Sobngwi
Cameroon Essential Non communicable diseases Health Intervention Project, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Yaounde 1, Yaounde, Cameroon
Int J Epidemiol 33:769-76. 2004..This study aimed to assess the association between lifetime exposure to urban environment (EU) and obesity, diabetes, and hypertension in an adult population of Sub-Saharan Africa...