A J Arthur
Affiliation: University of Nottingham
- A comparison of strategies to recruit older patients and carers to end-of-life research in primary careBarbara Hanratty
Hull York Medical School, Department of Health Sciences, University of York, York, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 12:342. 2012....
- "Did the trial kill the intervention?" experiences from the development, implementation and evaluation of a complex interventionLydia Bird
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Physiotherapy, B49 Research Office, Queen s Medical Centre, University of Nottingham, NG7 2HA, UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 11:24. 2011..This paper uses experiences from the design, implementation and evaluation of a rehabilitation programme to shed light on, and prompt discussion around, some of the complexities involved in such an undertaking...
- Conducting a critical interpretive synthesis of the literature on access to healthcare by vulnerable groupsMary Dixon-Woods
Department of Health Sciences, University of Leicester, 22 28 Princess Road West, Leicester LE1 6TP, UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 6:35. 2006..This approach is sensitised to the processes of conventional systematic review methodology and draws on recent advances in methods for interpretive synthesis...
- Factors associated with antidepressant treatment in residential care: changes between 1990 and 1997Antony Arthur
School of Nursing, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Nottingham, Queen s Medical Centre, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 17:54-60. 2002..Depression is common among older people living in residential and nursing homes. Detection and treatment of late life depression may be sub-optimal in these settings...
- Evaluating a mental health assessment for older people with depressive symptoms in general practice: a randomised controlled trialAntony J Arthur
School of Nursing, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Nottingham, Queens Medical Centre
Br J Gen Pract 52:202-7. 2002..There is a lack of evidence on the most effective primary care management of older people with minor depression...
- Improving uptake of influenza vaccination among older people: a randomised controlled trialAntony J Arthur
School of Nursing, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Nottingham
Br J Gen Pract 52:717-8, 720-2. 2002..The uptake of influenza vaccination among older people is suboptimal. Contact with a doctor or nurse is associated with older people deciding to accept influenza vaccination...
- Rehabilitation programme after stem cell transplantation: randomized controlled trialLydia Bird
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Nottingham, UK
J Adv Nurs 66:607-15. 2010..The aim of this study was to compare the effect of two methods of rehabilitation after stem cell transplantation on health and quality of life...
- The effect of brief interventions on alcohol consumption among heavy drinkers in a general hospital settingAisha S Holloway
School of Nursing, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
Addiction 102:1762-70. 2007..ii) To assess whether a brief intervention of self-efficacy enhancement was superior to a self-help booklet in reducing alcohol consumption...