Affiliation: University of Oxford
- Antoniades C, Bakogiannis C, Tousoulis D, Reilly S, Zhang M, Paschalis A, et al. Preoperative atorvastatin treatment in CABG patients rapidly improves vein graft redox state by inhibition of Rac1 and NADPH-oxidase activity. Circulation. 2010;122:S66-73 pubmed publisher..These novel findings suggest that statin therapy should be maintained or initiated in patients undergoing CABG, independently of LDL levels. Clinical Trial Registration-URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT01013103. ..
- Antoniades C, Mussa S, Shirodaria C, Lee J, Diesch J, Taggart D, et al. Relation of preoperative radial artery flow-mediated dilatation to nitric oxide bioavailability in radial artery grafts used in off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting. Am J Cardiol. 2009;103:216-20 pubmed publisher..These differences are present and can be identified preoperatively by FMD...
- Akoumianakis I, Antoniades C. Dipeptidyl peptidase IV inhibitors as novel regulators of vascular disease. Vascul Pharmacol. 2017;96-98:1-4 pubmed publisher..However, the exact pleiotropic mechanisms that underlie the cardiovascular effects of DPP-IV inhibition need to be clarified, while the in vivo benefit of DPP-IV inhibition in humans remains unclear. ..
- Antonopoulos A, Sanna F, Sabharwal N, Thomas S, Oikonomou E, Herdman L, et al. Detecting human coronary inflammation by imaging perivascular fat. Sci Transl Med. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..This methodology can be implemented in clinical practice to noninvasively detect plaque instability in the human coronary vasculature. ..
- Akoumianakis I, Antoniades C. Impaired Vascular Redox Signalling in the Vascular Complications of Obesity and Diabetes Mellitus. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Recent evidence has revealed that vascular redox state is dysregulated in cases of obesity, systemic insulin resistance and diabetes mellitus, potentially participating to the well-known vascular complications of these disease entities...