Affiliation: University College London
- Enhanced in situ bioremediation of phenol in bioestimulated unsaturated and saturated sand-bed columnsBlanca Antizar-Ladislao
Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Water Environ Res 78:2447-55. 2006..5 NTU) compared with the saturated columns (6.4 mg/g and 14.0 NTU). A high concentration of phenol releases in the sand-bed columns resulted in an initial inhibition of microbial activity and destabilization of the attached biomass...
- The influence of different temperature programmes on the bioremediation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in a coal-tar contaminated soil by in-vessel compostingBlanca Antizar-Ladislao
Imperial College London, Wye Campus, Wye, Ashford, TN25 5AH, United Kingdom
J Hazard Mater 144:340-7. 2007..Varying the temperature during in-vessel composting to comply with regulatory requirements for pathogen control, promoted contaminant biodegradation, microbial activity and compost maturation...
- Degradation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in an aged coal tar contaminated soil under in-vessel composting conditionsBlanca Antizar-Ladislao
Imperial College London, Wye Campus, Department of Agricultural Science, Wye, Ashford, Kent TN25 5AH, UK
Environ Pollut 141:459-68. 2006..8:1 and T 38 degrees C. Thus, it is recommended to maintain operational conditions during in-vessel composting of PAH-solid waste close to these values...
- Investigation of organic matter dynamics during in-vessel composting of an aged coal-tar contaminated soil using fluorescence excitation-emission spectroscopyBlanca Antizar-Ladislao
Imperial College London, Wye Campus, Agriculture Science, High Street, Wye, Ashford, Kent TN25 5AH, United Kingdom
Chemosphere 64:839-47. 2006..Finally, the fluorescence index can be applied to investigate the origin of humic substances and fulvic acids, and the humification or maturation of compost...
- Laboratory studies of the remediation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon contaminated soil by in-vessel compostingBlanca Antizar-Ladislao
Department of Agricultural Sciences, Imperial College London, High Street, Wye Campus, Wye, Ashford, Kent TN25 5AH, UK
Waste Manag 25:281-9. 2005..013 day(-1), R2 = 0.95), 55 degrees C (k = 0.010 day(-1), R2 = 0.76) and at 70 degrees C (k = 0.009 day(-1), R2 = 0.73)...
- In-vessel composting--bioremediation of aged coal tar soil: effect of temperature and soil/green waste amendment ratioBlanca Antizar-Ladislao
Imperial College London, Wye Campus, Wye, Ashford, Kent TN25 5AH, United Kingdom
Environ Int 31:173-8. 2005....
- Bioremediation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) in an aged coal-tar-contaminated soil using different in-vessel composting approachesBlanca Antizar-Ladislao
Imperial College London, Wye Campus, Ashford, Kent TN25 5AH, United Kingdom
J Hazard Mater 137:1583-8. 2006..However, using a variable temperature profile TP1 during in-vessel composting of a soil amended with fresh green waste is required to promote contaminant degradation and pathogen control...
- Biodegradation of 2,4,6-trichlorophenol and associated hydraulic conductivity reduction in sand-bed columnsBlanca Antizar-Ladislao
Imperial College London, Wye Campus, Wye, Ashford, Kent TN25 5AH, UK
Chemosphere 64:339-49. 2006..The fastest hydraulic conductivity reductions were observed in the sand-bed column operated at the highest recirculating water velocity and highest cumulative load of 2,4,6-TCP following 365 d of continuous treatment (p<0.05)...
- Bioconversion of municipal solid waste to glucose for bio-ethanol productionAiduan Li
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University College London, London, UK
Bioprocess Biosyst Eng 30:189-96. 2007..The contribution of enzyme loading and acid concentration was significantly higher (49.39 and 47.70%, respectively), than the contribution of temperature during steam treatment (0.13%) to the glucose yield...
- Bioremediation of contaminated mixtures of desert mining soil and sawdust with fuel oil by aerated in-vessel composting in the Atacama Region (Chile)Alex Godoy-Faúndez
Department of Chemical Engineering and Bioprocesses, Pontifica Universidad Catolica de Chile, Chile
J Hazard Mater 151:649-57. 2008..This study recommends a S:SD ratio 1:3 and a correct nutrient balance in order to achieve a maximum overall hydrocarbon removal of fuel oil in the weathered and aged contaminated wastes...
- Environmental levels, toxicity and human exposure to tributyltin (TBT)-contaminated marine environment. a review. email@example.comBlanca Antizar-Ladislao
Department of Water and Environment Science and Technology, University of Cantabria, Bulevar Ronda Rufino Peón 254, 39316 Torrelavega, Cantabria, Spain
Environ Int 34:292-308. 2008..It is concluded that investigations on experimental toxicity, dietary intake, potential human health effects and development of new sustainable technologies to remove TBT compounds are clearly necessary...