R C Andrews
Affiliation: University of Bristol
- The By-Band study: gastric bypass or adjustable gastric band surgery to treat morbid obesity: study protocol for a multi-centre randomised controlled trial with an internal pilot phaseChris A Rogers
School of Social and Community Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Trials 15:53. 2014..Laparoscopic adjustable gastric band and Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery are the two main surgical procedures performed...
- Diet or diet plus physical activity versus usual care in patients with newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes: the Early ACTID randomised controlled trialR C Andrews
School of Clinical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Lancet 378:129-39. 2011..We investigated the effects of diet and physical activity on blood pressure and glucose concentrations...
- Sedentary time and markers of inflammation in people with newly diagnosed type 2 diabetesC L Falconer
Centre for Exercise, Nutrition and Health Sciences, School for Policy Studies, University of Bristol, UK National Institute for Health Research Bristol Biomedical Research Unit in Nutrition, Diet and Lifestyle, University of Bristol, UK Electronic address
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 24:956-62. 2014..We investigated whether objectively measured sedentary time was associated with markers of inflammation in adults with newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes...
- Sedentary time, breaks in sedentary time and metabolic variables in people with newly diagnosed type 2 diabetesA R Cooper
Centre for Exercise, Nutrition and Health Sciences, School for Policy Studies, University of Bristol, 8 Priory Road, Bristol BS8 1TZ, UK
Diabetologia 55:589-99. 2012..We investigated whether objectively measured sedentary time and interruptions in sedentary time are associated with metabolic factors in people with type 2 diabetes...
- Dietary changes and associations with metabolic improvements in adults with type 2 diabetes during a patient-centred dietary intervention: an exploratory analysisC Y England
Centre for Exercise Nutrition and Health Sciences, School for Policy Studies, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
BMJ Open 4:e004953. 2014....