Affiliation: University of Nottingham
- Carotid intraplaque hemorrhage predicts recurrent symptoms in patients with high-grade carotid stenosisNishath Altaf
Department of Academic Radiology, University of Nottingham, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Stroke 38:1633-5. 2007..The aim of this study was to assess whether the identification of IPH by MRI predicts recurrent clinical cerebrovascular events...
- Brain white matter hyperintensities are associated with carotid intraplaque hemorrhageNishath Altaf
Department of Academic Radiology, University of Nottingham, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, England
Radiology 248:202-9. 2008..To retrospectively assess the relationship between carotid intraplaque hemorrhage (IPH), which indicates plaque instability, and brain white matter hyperintense lesions (WMHLs) by using a within-patient design...
- Cerebral white matter hyperintense lesions are associated with unstable carotid plaquesN Altaf
Department of Academic Radiology, Queen s Medical Centre, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 31:8-13. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine whether unstable carotid plaques, a known risk factor for cerebral emboli, are associated with cerebral white matter lesions...
- Carotid intraplaque hemorrhage detected by magnetic resonance imaging predicts embolization during carotid endarterectomyNishath Altaf
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, University of Nottingham, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, United Kingdom
J Vasc Surg 46:31-6. 2007..We aimed to ascertain whether intraplaque hemorrhage as seen on carotid MRI predicts particulate embolization in the dissection phase of CEA...
- Laparoscopic assessment of bowel viability after reduction en masseNishath Altaf
Department of Surgery, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 88:316-7. 2006
- Plaque hemorrhage is a marker of thromboembolic activity in patients with symptomatic carotid diseaseNishath Altaf
Department of Academic Radiology, University of Nottingham, Queen s Medical Centre, Derby Road, Nottingham NG7 2UH, England
Radiology 258:538-45. 2011..To assess whether carotid plaque hemorrhage depicted with magnetic resonance (MR) imaging was associated with thromboembolic activity as assessed with transcranial Doppler imaging...
- Detection of intraplaque hemorrhage by magnetic resonance imaging in symptomatic patients with mild to moderate carotid stenosis predicts recurrent neurological eventsNishath Altaf
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, United Kingdom
J Vasc Surg 47:337-42. 2008....
- Leukoaraiosis predicts the need for intraoperative shunt placement during carotid endarterectomyAli Arshad
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, University Hospitals, Nottingham, UK
Perspect Vasc Surg Endovasc Ther 21:173-7. 2009..This may reflect an association with impaired cerebral hemodynamics. Hence, the authors studied whether ipsilateral WMHLs predict shunt requirement on clamping as an indicator of hemodynamic compromise...
- Use of the Hardman index in predicting mortality in endovascular repair of ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysmsDaniel M Conroy
Queen s Medical Centre, and Department of Radiology, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
Perspect Vasc Surg Endovasc Ther 23:274-9. 2011..The aim of this study was to assess the Hardman index in patients undergoing endovascular repair of ruptured aortic aneurysms...
- Lower prevalence of carotid plaque hemorrhage in women, and its mediator effect on sex differences in recurrent cerebrovascular eventsNeghal Kandiyil
Division of Radiological and Imaging Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e47319. 2012....
- Carotid plaque hemorrhage on magnetic resonance imaging strongly predicts recurrent ischemia and strokeAkram A Hosseini
Division of Radiological and Imaging Sciences, University of Nottingham, Queen s Medical Campus, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Ann Neurol 73:774-84. 2013..We assessed the value of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)-defined carotid plaque hemorrhage (MRIPH) to predict recurrent ipsilateral cerebral ischemic events, and stroke in symptomatic carotid stenosis...
- Magnetic resonance detected carotid plaque hemorrhage is associated with inflammatory features in symptomatic carotid plaquesNishath Altaf
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Ann Vasc Surg 27:655-61. 2013..In this study we assess whether MRI PH(+) carotid plaques are associated with inflammatory infiltration...
- Emergency endovascular repair of aortocaval fistula--a single center experienceSolomon Akwei
Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Vasc Endovascular Surg 45:442-6. 2011..To review the outcomes of patients undergoing emergency endovascular repair of aortocaval fistula (ACF) secondary to abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA)...
- Small bowel infarction complicating rectus sheath haematoma in an anticoagulated patientRobert A Dineen
Department of Academic Radiology, University of Nottingham, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Med Sci Monit 11:CS57-9. 2005..However, significant sized haematomas can result in severe haemodynamic repercussions, especially in those patients with co-morbidities and anticoagulation...
- Regarding "Early carotid endarterectomy in symptomatic patients is associated with poorer perioperative outcomes"Nishath Altaf
J Vasc Surg 45:641; author reply 641. 2007
- Magnetic resonance direct thrombus imaging in moderate carotid artery stenosisLucy R Daniels
Stroke 37:767-8. 2006
- Microembolization during carotid endarterectomy and diffusion weighted imagingNishath Altaf
Stroke 36:1110-1; author reply 1111-2. 2005