Affiliation: University of Wales
- A multicentre randomised controlled trial evaluating lactobacilli and bifidobacteria in the prevention of antibiotic-associated diarrhoea in older people admitted to hospital: the PLACIDE study protocolStephen J Allen
Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, SA2 8PP, UK
BMC Infect Dis 12:108. 2012..difficile has further heightened concerns. Probiotics may prevent antibiotic associated diarrhoea by several mechanisms including colonization resistance through maintaining a healthy gut flora...
- Internet-based randomised controlled trials for the evaluation of complementary and alternative medicines: probiotics in spondyloarthropathySinead Brophy
School of Medicine, Swansea University, Swansea, Wales SA2 8PP, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 9:4. 2008..A secondary aim was to examine the effect of probiotics compared to placebo in terms of well-being over 12 weeks...
- Flies and Helicobacter pylori infectionS J Allen
Medical Research Council Laboratories, PO Box 273, Banjul, The Gambia
Arch Dis Child 89:1037-8. 2004..We assessed the effect of insecticide spraying in villages in The Gambia on H. pylori infection in young children. Effective control of flies did not prevent infection with H. pylori...
- The management of severe malnutrition: taking a broader viewStephen Allen
The School of Medicine, Swansea University, Swansea, UK
Arch Dis Child 92:191-2. 2007
- Improving quality of care for severe malnutritionStephen Allen
Lancet 363:2089-90. 2004