L M Allcock
Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- Clinical phenotype of subjects with Parkinson's disease and orthostatic hypotension: autonomic symptom and demographic comparisonLiesl M Allcock
Institute of Ageing and Health, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Mov Disord 21:1851-5. 2006..Longitudinal studies of changes in autonomic reflex abnormalities, autonomic symptom profiles, and motor severity might clarify these associations...
- Frequency of orthostatic hypotension in a community based cohort of patients with Parkinson's diseaseL M Allcock
Parkinson s Disease Research Unit, Department of Neurology, Sunderland Royal Hospital and Institute for Ageing and Health, University of Newcastle, Sunderland, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75:1470-1. 2004..Forty two (47%) of patients met the criteria for OH. Subjects with OH were older than those without OH, but there was no difference in PD disease duration or severity, MMSE or depression rating between the groups...
- Impaired attention predicts falling in Parkinson's diseaseL M Allcock
Institute for Ageing and Health, Newcastle University, UK
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 15:110-5. 2009..Our objective was to determine whether measures of attention were associated with falls in a large cohort of subjects with PD studied prospectively...
- Mitochondrial DNA haplogroup cluster UKJT reduces the risk of PDAngela Pyle
Mitochondrial Research Group, The University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Ann Neurol 57:564-7. 2005....
- Allelic variation of a functional polymorphism in the serotonin transporter gene and depression in Parkinson's diseaseDavid J Burn
Department of Neurology, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 12:139-41. 2006..Using a logistic regression model we found no evidence for an association between 5-HTTLPR genotypes, or the presence of the S allele, and depression...
- Predicting the cost of Parkinson's diseasePaul McCrone
King s College London, Centre for the Economics of Mental Health, Health Services Research Department, Institute of Psychiatry, London, United Kingdom
Mov Disord 22:804-12. 2007..The regression model explained 42% of total follow-up costs and significant predictors included gender (with men having higher costs), disability, and depression...
- Orthostatic hypotension in Parkinson's disease: association with cognitive decline?Liesl M Allcock
Parkinson s Disease Research Unit, Department of Neurology, Sunderland Royal Hospital, Sunderland, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 21:778-83. 2006..We therefore hypothesize that PD patients with orthostatic hypotension (OH) have a different cognitive profile compared to PD patients without OH...