Affiliation: University of Edinburgh
- Poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma with extensive rhabdoid differentiation: clinicopathological features of two cases arising in the gastrointestinal tractA Al-Nafussi
Department of Pathology, University of Edinburgh Medical School, United Kingdom
Pathol Int 49:160-3. 1999..To the best of our knowledge these are the first examples of such tumors in the small intestine and pancreas...
- The borderline cervical smear: colposcopic and biopsy outcomeA Al-Nafussi
Department of Pathology, Medical School, Edinburgh, UK
J Clin Pathol 53:439-44. 2000..In addition, to determine criteria that might permit delineation of a BNC subtype, predictive of CIN...
- Cervical implant from villoglandular endometrial adenocarcinoma masquerading as cervical villoglandular adenocarcinomaA Al-Nafussi
Department of Pathology, Medical School Building, University of Edinburgh, Teviot Place, Edinburgh EH8 9AG, UK
Int J Gynecol Cancer 12:308-11. 2002..In conclusion, VGPC of cervix occurs mainly in young women and can be treated conservatively, pathologists should be cautious in making such a diagnosis in a postmenopausal woman before ruling out a primary endometrial origin...
- Intra-abdominal spindle cell lesions: a review and practical aids to diagnosisA Al-Nafussi
Department of Pathology, University of Edinburgh Medical School, Teviot Place, Edinburgh EH8 9AG, UK
Histopathology 38:387-402. 2001..A set of practical aids to the diagnosis of intra-abdominal spindle cell lesions is presented to assist pathologists dealing with such lesions, particularly with regards to the consideration of differential diagnoses...
- Sarcomatoid/metaplastic carcinoma of the breast: a clinicopathological study of 12 casesKathreena M Kurian
Pathology Department, University of Edinburgh, 37 Liberton Brae, Edinburgh EH16 6AG, UK
Histopathology 40:58-64. 2002..These showed metastases on long-term follow-up, similar to other histological patterns of sarcomatoid carcinoma...
- Clinicopathological study of the pattern and significance of cervical involvement in cases of endometrial adenocarcinomaL B Jordan
Department of Pathology, Medical School Building, University of Edinburgh, Teviot Place, Edinburgh EH8 9AG, United Kingdom
Int J Gynecol Cancer 12:42-8. 2002..It is our assertion that the presence of tumor "migrants", and not endocervical surface atypia, is an indicator of increased probability of cervical involvement by endometrial adenocarcinoma (P = 0.015)...
- Uterine serous papillary carcinoma: histopathologic changes within the female genital tractL B Jordan
Department of Pathology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Int J Gynecol Cancer 11:283-9. 2001..Uterine serous papillary carcinoma is, therefore, biologically more akin to its ovarian counterpart...
- Cotyledonoid hydropic intravenous leiomyomatosis: a new variant leiomyomaL B Jordan
Department of Pathology, Medical School Building, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Histopathology 40:245-52. 2002..We present the histopathological findings of a series of six cases of a benign uterine smooth muscle tumour with an unusual growth pattern...
- Giant cell tumour of tendon sheath (localised nodular tenosynovitis): clinicopathological features of 71 casesH Monaghan
Department of Pathology, Edinburgh University Medical School, Teviot Place, Edinburgh EH8 9AG, UK
J Clin Pathol 54:404-7. 2001..The objective of this study was to review a series of cases in our department and to determine any clinical or pathological features that might predict the likelihood of recurrence...
- Prognostic indicators for gastrointestinal stromal tumours: a clinicopathological and immunohistochemical study of 108 resected cases of the stomachN A C S Wong
Department of Pathology, University of Edinburgh Medical School, Edinburgh, UK
Histopathology 43:118-26. 2003..Our aim was to test previously studied and more novel morphological features as well as four immunohistochemical markers as prognostic indicators amongst a large cohort of surgically resected, gastric GISTs...
- Primary extra-cranial meningioma following total hip replacementT J Campbell
Department of Radiology, Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh, EH16 4SA, UK
Skeletal Radiol 38:71-5. 2009..To our knowledge, no previous cases of primary extracranial meningioma have been identified. The imaging features, histology, pathogenesis and differential diagnosis are discussed...
- Extramedullary haematopoietic tumour of the breast: a case report in a woman with secondary myelofibrosis following essential thrombocythaemiaA Al-Nafussi
Histopathology 44:625-6. 2004
- Sarcomatoid carcinoma arising within a serous borderline ovarian tumour: a case report and practical approach to differential diagnosisT D Andrews
Pathology, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh and Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St Johns Hospital, Livingston, UK
Histopathology 52:233-8. 2008