Affiliation: University of Leicester
- Continuous combined hormone replacement therapy compared with tiboloneF Al-Azzawi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Leicester, United Kingdom
Obstet Gynecol 93:258-64. 1999..5 mg/day...
- Changes in extracellular matrix proteins in the cardinal ligaments of post-menopausal women with or without prolapse: a computerized immunohistomorphometric analysisAyman A A Ewies
Leicester and Warwick Medical School, UK
Hum Reprod 18:2189-95. 2003..The precise mechanism of uterine prolapse is poorly understood. There is evidence to suggest that abnormalities of connective tissue structure or its repair mechanism may predispose women to prolapse...
- Quantitative histomorphometric analysis of gonadal steroid receptor distribution in the normal human endometrium through the menstrual cycleAnthony H Taylor
Gynaecology Research Unit, Reproductive Sciences Section, Department of Cancer Studies and Molecular Medicine, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Histochem Cell Biol 123:463-74. 2005....
- Changes in gonadal steroid receptors in the cardinal ligaments of prolapsed uteri: immunohistomorphometric dataAyman A A Ewies
Leicester and Warwick Medical School, UK
Hum Reprod 19:1622-8. 2004....
- Bone mineral density in postmenopausal women treated with a vaginal ring delivering systemic doses of estradiol acetateFarook Al-Azzawi
Gynecology Research Unit, Department of Cancer Studies and Molecular Medicine, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Menopause 12:331-9. 2005..To evaluate the effect on bone mineral density of vaginal rings delivering estradiol acetate at two systemic doses versus a locally active vaginal ring in healthy postmenopausal women...
- The turbulent seas of women's health--who is the beneficiary?Farook Al-Azzawi
Department of Cancer Studies and Molecular Medicine, University of Leicester, Leicester LE2 7LX, UK
Maturitas 48:5-7. 2004
- Tamoxifen DNA damage detected in human endometrium using accelerator mass spectrometryElizabeth A Martin
Cancer Biomarkers and Prevention Group, University of Leicester, Leicester, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 63:8461-5. 2003..Our findings support the hypothesis that the low level of DNA adducts in human uterus is unlikely to be involved with endometrial cancer development...
- Climacteric medicine: European Menopause and Andropause Society (EMAS) 2004/2005 position statements on peri- and postmenopausal hormone replacement therapySven O Skouby
Frederiksberg Hospital, Department of Ob Gyn, 2000 Copenhagen F, Denmark
Maturitas 51:8-14. 2005..In contrast, urogenital symptoms may be addressed efficiently and safely with long-term local estrogen therapy...
- The effect of a novel vaginal ring delivering oestradiol acetate on climacteric symptoms in postmenopausal womenHelen Buckler
Department of Endocrinology, University of Manchester and Hope Hospital, Stott Lane, Salford M6 8HD, UK
BJOG 110:753-9. 2003..Evaluate the efficacy and acceptability of a novel vaginal ring delivering oestradiol acetate (Menoring) versus oral oestradiol for relief of climacteric symptoms in postmenopausal women...
- Changes in transcription profile and cytoskeleton morphology in pelvic ligament fibroblasts in response to stretch: the effects of estradiol and levormeloxifeneAyman A A Ewies
Department of Gynaecology, The Ipswich Hospital, Ipswich, UK
Mol Hum Reprod 14:127-35. 2008..Mechanical stretch and/or levormeloxifene disturb the fibroblasts ability to maintain the cytoskeleton architecture and we speculate that they may disrupt ligamentous integrity and result in clinical prolapse...
- Breast cancer risk in postmenopausal women using testosterone in combination with hormone replacement therapyJohannes Bitzer
University Women s Hospital Basel, Department of Gynecological Social Medicine and Psychosomatic, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Maturitas 59:209-18. 2008..The purpose of this study is to review the available clinical data on the impact of exogenous testosterone containing postmenopausal hormone therapy on breast cancer risk...