Affiliation: University of Leicester
- Continuous combined hormone replacement therapy compared with tiboloneF Al-Azzawi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Leicester, United Kingdom
Obstet Gynecol 93:258-64. 1999..5 mg/day...
- Changes in extracellular matrix proteins in the cardinal ligaments of post-menopausal women with or without prolapse: a computerized immunohistomorphometric analysisAyman A A Ewies
Leicester and Warwick Medical School, UK
Hum Reprod 18:2189-95. 2003..The precise mechanism of uterine prolapse is poorly understood. There is evidence to suggest that abnormalities of connective tissue structure or its repair mechanism may predispose women to prolapse. METHODS and..
- Quantitative histomorphometric analysis of gonadal steroid receptor distribution in the normal human endometrium through the menstrual cycleAnthony H Taylor
Gynaecology Research Unit, Reproductive Sciences Section, Department of Cancer Studies and Molecular Medicine, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Histochem Cell Biol 123:463-74. 2005....
- Changes in gonadal steroid receptors in the cardinal ligaments of prolapsed uteri: immunohistomorphometric dataAyman A A Ewies
Leicester and Warwick Medical School, UK
Hum Reprod 19:1622-8. 2004....
- Bone mineral density in postmenopausal women treated with a vaginal ring delivering systemic doses of estradiol acetateFarook Al-Azzawi
Gynecology Research Unit, Department of Cancer Studies and Molecular Medicine, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Menopause 12:331-9. 2005..To evaluate the effect on bone mineral density of vaginal rings delivering estradiol acetate at two systemic doses versus a locally active vaginal ring in healthy postmenopausal women...
- The turbulent seas of women's health--who is the beneficiary?Farook Al-Azzawi
Department of Cancer Studies and Molecular Medicine, University of Leicester, Leicester LE2 7LX, UK
Maturitas 48:5-7. 2004
- Tamoxifen DNA damage detected in human endometrium using accelerator mass spectrometryElizabeth A Martin
Cancer Biomarkers and Prevention Group, University of Leicester, Leicester, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 63:8461-5. 2003..Our findings support the hypothesis that the low level of DNA adducts in human uterus is unlikely to be involved with endometrial cancer development...
- Climacteric medicine: European Menopause and Andropause Society (EMAS) 2004/2005 position statements on peri- and postmenopausal hormone replacement therapySven O Skouby
Frederiksberg Hospital, Department of Ob Gyn, 2000 Copenhagen F, Denmark
Maturitas 51:8-14. 2005..In contrast, urogenital symptoms may be addressed efficiently and safely with long-term local estrogen therapy...
- The effect of a novel vaginal ring delivering oestradiol acetate on climacteric symptoms in postmenopausal womenHelen Buckler
Department of Endocrinology, University of Manchester and Hope Hospital, Stott Lane, Salford M6 8HD, UK
BJOG 110:753-9. 2003..Evaluate the efficacy and acceptability of a novel vaginal ring delivering oestradiol acetate (Menoring) versus oral oestradiol for relief of climacteric symptoms in postmenopausal women...
- Changes in transcription profile and cytoskeleton morphology in pelvic ligament fibroblasts in response to stretch: the effects of estradiol and levormeloxifeneAyman A A Ewies
Department of Gynaecology, The Ipswich Hospital, Ipswich, UK
Mol Hum Reprod 14:127-35. 2008..Mechanical stretch and/or levormeloxifene disturb the fibroblasts ability to maintain the cytoskeleton architecture and we speculate that they may disrupt ligamentous integrity and result in clinical prolapse...
- Breast cancer risk in postmenopausal women using testosterone in combination with hormone replacement therapyJohannes Bitzer
University Women s Hospital Basel, Department of Gynecological Social Medicine and Psychosomatic, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Maturitas 59:209-18. 2008..The purpose of this study is to review the available clinical data on the impact of exogenous testosterone containing postmenopausal hormone therapy on breast cancer risk...