Genomes and Genes
R R Adams
Affiliation: University of Edinburgh
- The systems biology simulation core algorithmRoland Keller
Center for Bioinformatics Tuebingen ZBIT, University of Tuebingen, Tubingen, Germany
BMC Syst Biol 7:55. 2013..Models are often encoded in formats such as SBML, whose structure is very complex and difficult to evaluate due to many special cases...
- LibKiSAO: a Java library for Querying KiSAOAnna Zhukova
EMBL EBI, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, CB10 1SD, United Kingdom
BMC Res Notes 5:520. 2012..To retrieve this information programmatically an application programming interface (API) for KiSAO is needed...
- Reproducible computational biology experiments with SED-ML--the Simulation Experiment Description Markup LanguageDagmar Waltemath
Department of Systems Biology and Bioinformatics, Institute of Computer Science, University of Rostock, D 18051 Rostock, Germany
BMC Syst Biol 5:198. 2011..The recently published Minimum Information About a Simulation Experiment (MIASE) proposes a minimal set of information that should be provided to allow the reproduction of simulation experiments among users and software tools...
- SED-ED, a workflow editor for computational biology experiments written in SED-MLRichard R Adams
SynthSys Edinburgh, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Bioinformatics 28:1180-1. 2012..SED-ED supports modellers who wish to create, understand and further develop a simulation description provided in SED-ML format...
- Speeding disease gene discovery by sequence based candidate prioritizationEuan A Adie
Medical Genetics Section, Department of Medical Sciences, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
BMC Bioinformatics 6:55. 2005..However, here we show that disease genes share patterns of sequence-based features that can provide a good basis for automatic prioritization of candidates by machine learning...
- Human INCENP colocalizes with the Aurora-B/AIRK2 kinase on chromosomes and is overexpressed in tumour cellsR R Adams
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, University of Edinburgh, UK
Chromosoma 110:65-74. 2001..Levels of Aurora-B are increased in several human cancers, and we show here that HsINCENP protein levels are also significantly increased in several colorectal cancer cell lines...
- INCENP binds the Aurora-related kinase AIRK2 and is required to target it to chromosomes, the central spindle and cleavage furrowR R Adams
Wellcome Institute for Cell Biology, Edinburgh, UK
Curr Biol 10:1075-8. 2000..This interaction between INCENP and Aurora kinase was found to be biologically relevant. INCENP and AIRK2 colocalized exactly in human cells, and INCENP was required to target AIRK2 correctly to centromeres and the central spindle...
- Chromosomal passengers and the (aurora) ABCs of mitosisR R Adams
Wellcome Centre for Cell Biology, Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Edinburgh, Michael Swann Building, King's Buildings, Mayfield Road, EH9 3JR, Edinburgh, UK
Trends Cell Biol 11:49-54. 2001..The chromosomal passenger complex functions throughout mitosis in chromosome condensation and segregation, and at the end of mitosis, in the completion of cytokinesis...
- SUSPECTS: enabling fast and effective prioritization of positional candidatesE A Adie
Medical Genetics Section, School of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, University of Edinburgh EH4 2XU UK
Bioinformatics 22:773-4. 2006..It uses multiple lines of evidence to rank genes quickly and effectively while limiting the effect of annotation bias to significantly improve performance...
- Disrupted in Schizophrenia 1 (DISC1) is a multicompartmentalized protein that predominantly localizes to mitochondriaR James
Medical Genetics Section, Department of Medical Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Molecular Medicine Centre, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Mol Cell Neurosci 26:112-22. 2004....
- Essential roles of Drosophila inner centromere protein (INCENP) and aurora B in histone H3 phosphorylation, metaphase chromosome alignment, kinetochore disjunction, and chromosome segregationR R Adams
Wellcome Center for Cell Biology, Institute for Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Cell Biol 153:865-80. 2001..These experiments reveal that INCENP is required for aurora B kinase function and confirm that the chromosomal passengers have essential roles in mitosis...
- INCENP binds directly to tubulin and requires dynamic microtubules to target to the cleavage furrowS P Wheatley
Wellcome Institute for Cell Biology, Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, Swann Building, King s Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JR, Scotland
Exp Cell Res 262:122-7. 2001..These data indicate that INCENP is a microtubule-binding protein that targets to the equatorial cortex through interactions requiring microtubules...
- pavarotti encodes a kinesin-like protein required to organize the central spindle and contractile ring for cytokinesisR R Adams
Cancer Research Campaign CRC Laboratories, Cell Cycle Genetics Research Group, Department of Anatomy and Physiology, Medical Sciences Institute, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 4HN, UK
Genes Dev 12:1483-94. 1998..We suggest that PAV-KLP is required both to establish the structure of the telophase spindle to provide a framework for the assembly of the contractile ring, and to mobilize mitotic regulator proteins...