Affiliation: University of Glasgow
- Healing and hurting: molecular mechanisms, functions, and pathologies of cellular senescencePeter D Adams
Cancer Research UK Beatson Labs, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G61 1BD, UK
Mol Cell 36:2-14. 2009..Tumor suppression, wound healing, and aging are each associated with inflammation, and here it is proposed that cellular senescence contributes to a "nonimmune cell" component of the tissue inflammatory response...
- Senescent mouse cells fail to overtly regulate the HIRA histone chaperone and do not form robust Senescence Associated Heterochromatin FociAlyssa L Kennedy
CR UK Beatson Labs, Glasgow University, Glasgow, UK
Cell Div 5:16. 2010..SAHF are thought to repress expression of proliferation-promoting genes, thereby contributing to senescence-associated proliferation arrest. We asked whether this Wnt2-HIRA-SAHF pathway is conserved in mouse fibroblasts...
- A damage limitation exerciseAndrejs Ivanov
Institute of Cancer Sciences, University of Glasgow, Cancer Research UK Beatson Labs, Garscube Estate, Switchback Road, Bearsden, Glasgow, G61 1BD, U K
Nat Cell Biol 13:193-5. 2011..Senescence-associated heterochromatin is now shown to limit DDR, thus reducing apoptosis and promoting survival of senescent cells...
- Human CABIN1 is a functional member of the human HIRA/UBN1/ASF1a histone H3.3 chaperone complexTaranjit Singh Rai
Institute of Cancer Sciences, CR UK Beatson Labs, University of Glasgow, Switchback Road, Bearsden G61 1BD, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 31:4107-18. 2011..3. In sum, these data demonstrate that CABIN1 is a functional member of the human HUCA complex and so is the likely ortholog of yeast Hir3p...
- Regulation of Oncogene-Induced Senescence by Wnt-SignalingPeter D Adams; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specifically, we will focus on melanoma and colon cancer, two cancers which between them kill about 60,000 people a year in the United States. ..
- INVESTIGATION OF A PUTATIVE NOVEL CYCLIN/CDK2 SUBSTRATEPeter Adams; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will test this idea further. ..
- Formation of Heterochromatin and Cellular Senescence Driven by HIRA and ASF 1aPeter Adams; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specific Aim 3. Investigate the role of GSK3 activity in localization of HIRA to PML bodies, formation of SAHF and onset of senescence. ..