Affiliation: University of Southampton
- Correlation between upper limb functional ability and structural hand impairment in an early rheumatoid populationJ Adams
School of Health Professions and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Southampton, Highfield, Southampton, Hants, UK
Clin Rehabil 18:405-13. 2004....
- Strengthening and stretching for rheumatoid arthritis of the hand (SARAH): design of a randomised controlled trial of a hand and upper limb exercise intervention--ISRCTN89936343Jo Adams
Warwick Clinical Trials Unit, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 13:230. 2012....
- Literacy levels required to complete routinely used patient-reported outcome measures in rheumatologyJo Adams
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Southampton, Highfield, Southampton, Hants SO17 1BJ, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 52:460-4. 2013..To assess the reading levels required to complete patient-reported outcome measures (PROs) commonly used in rheumatology clinical and research settings...
- Engagement with continuing professional development: development of a service modelHannah Haywood
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Southampton, Highfield, Hants, UK
J Allied Health 41:83-9. 2012..These findings are summarised in a conceptual model relevant to service planning and delivery for health care professionals and their managers...
- The clinical effectiveness of static resting splints in early rheumatoid arthritis: a randomized controlled trialJ Adams
School of Health Professions and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Southampton, Highfield, Southampton, Hants SO17 1BJ, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:1548-53. 2008..To evaluate the effectiveness of static resting splints in early RA...
- Responsiveness of self-report and therapist-rated upper extremity structural impairment and functional outcome measures in early rheumatoid arthritisJo Adams
University of Southampton, Southampton, Hants, UK
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:274-8. 2010..To provide a responsiveness analysis of the self-report and therapist-rated upper extremity functional outcome measures used in a rehabilitation trial...
- Continuing professional development: issues raised by nurses and allied health professionals working in musculoskeletal settingsHannah Haywood
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Southampton, Highfield, UK
Musculoskeletal Care 11:136-44. 2013..No literature to date has explored the perceptions of CPD held by patients who receive these specialist services...
- A review of clinical upper limb assessments within the framework of the WHO ICFCheryl Metcalf
School of Electronics and Computer Sciences, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Musculoskeletal Care 5:160-73. 2007..Measurement properties of each assessment are provided, considering the type of data generated, availability of reliability estimates and normative data for the assessment...
- Assessing periarticular bone mineral density in patients with early psoriatic arthritis or rheumatoid arthritisB J Harrison
Department of Rheumatology, North Manchester General Hospital and ARC Epidemiology Unit, University of Manchester, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 61:1007-11. 2002..Bone mineral density (BMD) can now be measured accurately using dual energy x ray absorptiometry (DEXA). Recently, DEXA has been used to measure periarticular BMD at predefined regions of interest (ROIs) around the joints...