D H Adams
Affiliation: University of Birmingham
- Endothelial interactions of neutrophils under flow in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseI S Woolhouse
Dept of Respiratory Medicine, University Hospital Birmingham, Birmingham B29 6JD, UK
Eur Respir J 25:612-7. 2005....
- Chemokines: leucocyte recruitment and activation cytokinesD H Adams
Liver Reseach Laboratories, University of Birmingham, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, UK
Lancet 349:490-5. 1997..These molecules provide potentially valuable targets for therapeutic intervention in a wide range of diseases...
- Human hepatic sinusoidal endothelial cells can be distinguished by expression of phenotypic markers related to their specialised functions in vivoP F Lalor
Liver Research Group, Institute of Biomedical Research, Division of Medical Science, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, United Kingdom
World J Gastroenterol 12:5429-39. 2006....
- Hepatic stellate cells express synemin, a protein bridging intermediate filaments to focal adhesionsN Uyama
Laboratory for Cell Biology, Vrije Universiteit Brussel VUB, Laarbeeklaan 103, 1090 Brussel Jette, Belgium
Gut 55:1276-89. 2006..They express a broad but variable spectrum of intermediate filament (IF) proteins. The aim of this study was to investigate the expression and functions of the intermediate filament protein synemin in hepatic stellate cells (HSCs)...
- The polycomb group proteins, BMI-1 and EZH2, are tumour-associated antigensJ C Steele
Cancer Research UK Institute for Cancer Studies, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Br J Cancer 95:1202-11. 2006..Given the widespread overexpression of PcG proteins in cancer and their critical role in oncogenesis, these data suggest that they may be useful targets for cancer immunotherapy...
- Understanding selective trafficking of lymphocyte subsetsM Heydtmann
Liver Research Laboratories, MRC Centre for Immune Regulation, University of Birmingham Institute for Clinical Science, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TH
Gut 50:150-2. 2002
- Differential expression of chemokines and chemokine receptors shapes the inflammatory response in rejecting human liver transplantsS Goddard
Liver Research Laboratories, MRC Centre for Immune Regulation, The University of Birmingham, UK
Transplantation 72:1957-67. 2001..Although ligands for the receptors CXCR3 and CCR5 are important for recruitment, the restriction of SDF to bile ducts suggests that CXCR4 may be involved in the retention of alloactivated lymphocytes at sites of graft damage...
- Memory T cells constitute a subset of the human CD8+CD45RA+ pool with distinct phenotypic and migratory characteristicsJ M Faint
University of Birmingham/Medical Research Council Centre for Immune Regulation, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
J Immunol 167:212-20. 2001..In accord with this, CD45RA(+) memory cells were significantly underrepresented in lymph nodes, but account for virtually all CD8(+)CD45RA(+) T cells in peripheral tissues of the same individuals...
- Immunology of the gut and liver: a love/hate relationshipD H Adams
Liver Research Laboratories, MRC Centre for Immune Regulation, 5th Floor, Institute for Biomedical Research, Wolfson Drive, Medical School, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Gut 57:838-48. 2008
- Chemokine and chemokine receptor interactions provide a mechanism for selective T cell recruitment to specific liver compartments within hepatitis C-infected liverP L Shields
Liver Research Laboratories and Department of Rheumatology, Medical Research Council Centre for Immune Regulation, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
J Immunol 163:6236-43. 1999....
- Flightless I deficiency enhances wound repair by increasing cell migration and proliferationA J Cowin
Child Health Research Institute, 72 King William Road, North Adelaide, South Australia
J Pathol 211:572-81. 2007..These studies reveal that FliI affects wound repair via mechanisms involving cell migration and proliferation and that FliI might represent an effective novel therapeutic factor to improve conditions in which wound healing is impaired...
- Collagen loss and impaired wound healing is associated with c-Myb deficiencyZ Kopecki
Child Health Research Institute, North Adelaide, South Australia and School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences, University of South Australia, Australia
J Pathol 211:351-61. 2007..Manipulation of c-Myb may therefore provide new therapeutic opportunities for improving wound repair while uncontrolled expression may underpin some fibrotic disorders...
- Vitronectin in human hepatic tumours contributes to the recruitment of lymphocytes in an alpha v beta3-independent mannerS Edwards
Liver Research Group, Department of Medicine, 5th Floor, Institute of Biomedical Research, Wolfson Drive, The Medical School, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Br J Cancer 95:1545-54. 2006..Thus, we provide evidence that vitronectin in liver tumours can support the recruitment and retention of effector lymphocytes by an uPAR-dependent mechanism...
- Hepatocyte growth factor and macrophage inflammatory protein 1 beta: structurally distinct cytokines that induce rapid cytoskeletal changes and subset-preferential migration in T cellsD H Adams
Experimental Immunology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:7144-8. 1994..Thus, promotion of T-cell adhesion and migration are previously undescribed functions of HGF that we propose are relevant to selective T-cell recruitment...
- Following the TRAIL from hepatitis C virus and alcohol to fatty liverS C Afford
Liver Research Laboratories, Institute for Biomedical Research, University of Birmingham Medical School, Wolfson Drive, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Gut 54:1518-20. 2005
- Blockade of stimulant-induced preprodynorphin mRNA expression in the striatal matrix by serotonin depletionK A Horner
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Utah, 30 South 2000 East, Room 201, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Neuroscience 131:67-77. 2005..These data suggest that 5-HT plays a role in stimulant-induced PPD expression in the matrix compartment of rostral and middle striatum. Thus, 5-HT innervation may play a critical role in basal ganglia function...
- Immune regulation and colitis: suppression of acute inflammation allows the development of chronic inflammatory bowel diseaseB Eksteen
Liver Research Laboratories, Institute for Biomedical Research, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Gut 54:4-6. 2005
- Transgenic porcine valves show no signs of delayed cardiac xenograft rejectionR H Chen
Division of Cardiac Surgery, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 71:S389-92. 2001..The absence of the alpha-Gal antigens protects unfixed porcine valves from rejection...
- A role for the integrin alpha6beta1 in the differential distribution of CD4 and CD8 T-cell subsets within the rheumatoid synoviumO Haworth
Division of Immunity and Infection, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:1329-34. 2008....