Rosemary A Abbott
Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- The relationship between early personality and midlife psychological well-being: evidence from a UK birth cohort studyRosemary A Abbott
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge, UK
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 43:679-87. 2008..The aim of this study was to examine long range associations between Eysenck's personality dimensions and psychological well-being in midlife...
- General and specific components of depression and anxiety in an adolescent populationJeannette Brodbeck
Developmental and Life course Research Group, Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge, Douglas House, 18b Trumpington Road, Cambridge, CB2 8AH, UK
BMC Psychiatry 11:191. 2011..Depressive and anxiety symptoms often co-occur resulting in a debate about common and distinct features of depression and anxiety...
- Profiles of family-focused adverse experiences through childhood and early adolescence: the ROOTS project a community investigation of adolescent mental healthValerie J Dunn
Developmental and Life course Research Group, Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
BMC Psychiatry 11:109. 2011..Adverse family experiences in early life are associated with subsequent psychopathology. This study adds to the growing body of work exploring the nature and associations between adverse experiences over the childhood years...
- Long-term outcome of offspring after maternal severe puerperal disorderR Abbott
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK
Acta Psychiatr Scand 110:365-73. 2004..To study adult mental health in offspring of mothers who experienced severe puerperal disorder...
- Psychometric evaluation and predictive validity of Ryff's psychological well-being items in a UK birth cohort sample of womenRosemary A Abbott
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge, Box 189, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 2QQ, UK
Health Qual Life Outcomes 4:76. 2006..Ryff has proposed a multidimensional model of psychological well-being and her questionnaire items are widely used but their latent structure and factorial validity remains contentious...
- Remission and recurrence of depression in the maintenance era: long-term outcome in a Cambridge cohortN Kennedy
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital
Psychol Med 33:827-38. 2003..A more recent cohort was followed-up to ascertain whether the course had improved given developments in pharmacological and psychological treatments in the last 15 years...
- Duration of relapse prevention after cognitive therapy in residual depression: follow-up of controlled trialE S Paykel
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge, UK
Psychol Med 35:59-68. 2005..Although there is good evidence that cognitive therapy (CBT) lessens relapse and recurrence in unipolar depression, the duration of this effect is not known...
- Do treated psychiatric patients become later community cases? A prospective cohort studyE S Paykel
Dept of Psychiatry, Cambridge, University of Cambridge, UK
Eur Psychiatry 21:315-8. 2006....
- Urban-rural mental health differences in Great Britain: findings from the National Morbidity SurveyE Paykel
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge Addenbrooke s Hospital, UK
Int Rev Psychiatry 15:97-107. 2003..There were no differences in treatment. There are considerable British urban-rural differences in mental health, which may largely be attributable to more adverse urban social environments...