C I Wright
Affiliation: Unilever Research
- Non-invasive methods and stimuli for evaluating the skin's microcirculationC I Wright
Unilever Food and Health Research Institute, Unilever R and D Vlaardingen, Olivier van Noortlaan 120, PO Box 114, 3130 AC Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 54:1-25. 2006..The present article outlines the non-invasive methods and dynamic tests that can be used to investigate the microcirculation of the skin...
- Arterial stiffness, endothelial function and microcirculatory reactivity in healthy young malesC I Wright
Unilever Food and Health Research Institute, Unilever R and D Vlaardingen, Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 28:299-306. 2008..e. hyperaemic or venous constriction) in healthy, resting young males. These findings refute the claims that C1 and C2 are substitute measures to sonographic assessments of brachial FMD...
- Acute autonomic effects of vitamins and fats in male smokersC I Wright
1Nutrition and Health, Unilever Food and Health Research Institute, Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Nutr 63:246-52. 2009..High-fat challenges also impair cardiovascular regulation. Whether vitamins have acute beneficial effects on the baroreflex control of HR in smokers is unclear...
- The relation of arterial stiffness to endothelial function in healthy subjectsC I Wright
Nutrition, Nutrition and Health Enhancement, Unilever Food and Health Research Institute, Olivier van Noortlaan 120, Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
Physiol Meas 28:573-82. 2007..Furthermore, if anything, upper-arm mediated RHRBD responses are more affected by arterial stiffness than forearm responses...
- Herbal medicines as diuretics: a review of the scientific evidenceC I Wright
Nutrition, Nutrition and Health Enhancement, Unilever Food and Health Research Institute, Olivier van Noortlaan 120, PO Box 114, 3130 AC, Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
J Ethnopharmacol 114:1-31. 2007..Such evidence is needed to provide scientific credence to the folklore use of traditional medicines and even be helpful in the development of future medicines, treatments and treatment guidelines...