R L Evans
Affiliation: Unilever Research
- Defective fluid secretion and NaCl absorption in the parotid glands of Na+/H+ exchanger-deficient miceK Park
Center for Oral Biology, Rochester Institute of Biomedical Sciences, and the Eastman Department of Dentistry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 276:27042-50. 2001..These results also demonstrate that basolateral NHE1 and apical NHE2 modulate saliva secretion in vivo, especially during sustained stimulation when secretion depends less on Na(+)/K(+)/2Cl(-) cotransporter activity...
- Axillary skin: biology and careR L Evans
Port Sunlight Laboratory, Unilever Research and Development, Quarry Road East, Bebington, Wirral, CH63 3JW, U K
Int J Cosmet Sci 34:389-95. 2012..With respect to the latter, we propose that there are five groups of compounds, defined according to their mechanism of action, which are particularly relevant to the care of damaged axillary skin...
- Severe impairment of salivation in Na+/K+/2Cl- cotransporter (NKCC1)-deficient miceR L Evans
Center for Oral Biology, Aab Institute of Biomedical Sciences and the Eastman Department of Dentistry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 275:26720-6. 2000..These data directly demonstrate that NKCC1 is the major Cl(-) uptake mechanism across the basolateral membrane of acinar cells and is critical for driving saliva secretion in vivo...
- What can transgenic and gene-targeted mouse models teach us about salivary gland physiology?J E Melvin
Center for Oral Biology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Aab Institute of Biomedical Sciences, NY 14642, USA
Adv Dent Res 14:5-11. 2000..Finally, using these mouse models, we discuss the advances made in our understanding of the salivary gland secretion process...
- Targeted disruption of the Nhe1 gene prevents muscarinic agonist-induced up-regulation of Na(+)/H(+) exchange in mouse parotid acinar cellsR L Evans
Center for Oral Biology, Rochester Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 274:29025-30. 1999....
- Role of calcium and PKC in salivary mucous cell exocrine secretionD J Culp
University of Rochester Medical Center, Center for Oral Biology, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Dent Res 90:1469-76. 2011..Collective results implicate synergistic interactions between diacylglycerol (DAG) and increasing [Ca(2+)](i) levels to activate cPKCs in mediating sustained muscarinic-induced secretion...
- Targeted disruption of the murine Nhe1 locus induces ataxia, growth retardation, and seizuresS M Bell
Division of Developmental Biology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati 45229, Ohio
Am J Physiol 276:C788-95. 1999..Histological analysis of adult tissues revealed a thickening of the lamina propria and a slightly atrophic glandular mucosa in the stomach...
- Persistence of p53 mutations and resistance of keratinocytes to apoptosis are associated with the increased susceptibility of mice lacking the XPC gene to UV carcinogenesisH N Ananthaswamy
Department of Immunology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, Texas, TX 77030, USA
Oncogene 18:7395-8. 1999....