Affiliation: Tyne and Wear
- Autonomic function in a prevalent Tanzanian population with Parkinson's disease and its relationship to disease duration and 5-year mortalityEric Aris
Department of Internal Medicine, Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
BMC Res Notes 6:535. 2013..We report autonomic function test results in a prevalent, largely untreated, Tanzanian population of PD patients, at different disease stages and investigate the relationship between autonomic dysfunction and mortality...
- The challenge of Parkinson's disease management in AfricaC L Dotchin
Department of Medicine, North Tyneside District General Hospital, UK
Age Ageing 36:122-7. 2007..We have reviewed previous literature on PD in Africa and illustrate our personal experience of PD and its management in Africa with three cases...
- The prevalence of essential tremor in rural northern TanzaniaC L Dotchin
Department of Medicine, North Tyneside District General Hospital, North Shields, Tyne and Wear, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 79:1107-9. 2008..Estimates of the prevalence of essential tremor (ET) vary widely but there are few existing data on the prevalence of ET in sub-Saharan Africa...
- The prevalence of Parkinson's disease in rural TanzaniaCatherine Dotchin
North Tyneside District General Hospital, Rake Lane, North Shields, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
Mov Disord 23:1567-672. 2008..Many PD patients in SSA may never be diagnosed or treated, with consequent reduction in their life expectancy and quality of life. With the world population ageing PD is predicted to become an increasing problem...
- The prevalence of disability in older people in Hai, TanzaniaFelicity Dewhurst
Department of Medicine, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, North Tyneside General Hospital, Rake Lane, North Shields, Tyne and Wear NE29 8NH, UK
Age Ageing 41:517-23. 2012..The aim of this study was to accurately document the prevalence of disability in those aged 70 years and over in a community-based setting in sub-Saharan Africa...
- Maximising the value from the elective experience: post-elective workshopsRachel Evans
Newcastle University Medical School, UKNewcastle University Medical School and Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, North Shields, UK
Clin Teach 10:362-7. 2013..However, their explicit educational value is unclear, and is often lost because of inadequate preparation and review procedures...
- The management of Parkinson's disease in sub-Saharan AfricaCatherine Dotchin
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, Department of Elderly Medicine, North Tyneside General Hospital, Rake Lane, North Shields, NE29 8NH, UK
Expert Rev Neurother 12:661-6. 2012..Awareness raising and training will be to no avail, unless the problem of an affordable, reliable supply of drug treatment can be tackled...