- Kakkar A, Brenner B, Dahl O, Eriksson B, Mouret P, Muntz J, et al. Extended duration rivaroxaban versus short-term enoxaparin for the prevention of venous thromboembolism after total hip arthroplasty: a double-blind, randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2008;372:31-9 pubmed publisher....
- Kakkar A, Levine M, Kadziola Z, Lemoine N, Low V, Patel H, et al. Low molecular weight heparin, therapy with dalteparin, and survival in advanced cancer: the fragmin advanced malignancy outcome study (FAMOUS). J Clin Oncol. 2004;22:1944-8 pubmed..However, the observed improved survival in a subgroup of patients with a better prognosis suggests a potential modifying effect of dalteparin on tumor biology. ..
- Kakkar A, Macbeth F. Antithrombotic therapy and survival in patients with malignant disease. Br J Cancer. 2010;102 Suppl 1:S24-9 pubmed publisher..This paper includes a summary of the data presented at the meeting and explores potential mechanisms by which antithrombotic agents might exert antitumour effects. The summary is followed by a consensus statement developed by the group. ..
- Kakkar A, Mueller I, Bassand J, Fitzmaurice D, Goldhaber S, Goto S, et al. International longitudinal registry of patients with atrial fibrillation at risk of stroke: Global Anticoagulant Registry in the FIELD (GARFIELD). Am Heart J. 2012;163:13-19.e1 pubmed publisher....
- Kakkar A, Cimminiello C, Goldhaber S, Parakh R, Wang C, Bergmann J. Low-molecular-weight heparin and mortality in acutely ill medical patients. N Engl J Med. 2011;365:2463-72 pubmed publisher..Funded by Sanofi; LIFENOX ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT00622648.). ..