Teresa B Gibson
Affiliation: Thomson Scientific
- The effects of prescription drug cost sharing: a review of the evidenceTeresa B Gibson
Medstat, 777 E Eisenhower Parkway, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:730-40. 2005....
- A copayment increase for prescription drugs: the long-term and short-term effects on use and expendituresTeresa B Gibson
Research Division of Medstat, Department of Health Management and Policy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Inquiry 42:293-310. 2005..Employees with an existing chronic illness and those without a chronic illness show a similar, inelastic response to a copayment increase; employees with a newly diagnosed chronic illness have a more inelastic response...
- The effects of prescription drug copayments on statin adherenceTeresa B Gibson
Thomson Medstat, 777 E Eisenhower Parkway, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Am J Manag Care 12:509-17. 2006..High copayments may present a barrier to medication adherence among patients with chronic conditions such as hyperlipidemia...
- Impact of statin copayments on adherence and medical care utilization and expendituresTeresa B Gibson
Thomson Medstat, 777 E Eisenhower Pkwy, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Am J Manag Care 12:SP11-9. 2006..To examine the effects of statin cost-sharing (ie, copayments, coinsurance) on adherence to statin medications and the impact of adherence on healthcare utilization and spending...
- The direct and indirect cost burden of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitisTeresa B Gibson
Thomson Healthcare, Research Division, Ann Arbor, Mich 48108, USA
J Occup Environ Med 50:1261-72. 2008..To estimate the direct medical and indirect (absenteeism and short-term disability) cost burden of Crohn's Disease (CD) and Ulcerative Colitis (UC)...
- Direct and indirect costs to employers of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus with and without nephritisGinger Carls
Health and Productivity Division, Thomson Healthcare, Ann Arbor, Mich, USA
J Occup Environ Med 51:66-79. 2009..To estimate the medical- and productivity-related cost burden of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and SLE with nephritis in an employee population...
- Impact of cost-sharing on treatment augmentation in patients with depressionTeresa B Gibson
Thomson Reuters, 777 E Eisenhower Pkwy, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Am J Manag Care 18:e15-22. 2012..The objective of this study was to examine the relationship between patient cost-sharing and the use of augmentation among a sample of commercially insured patients...
- What are the total costs of surgical treatment for uterine fibroids?Ginger Smith Carls
Thomson Healthcare, Research Division, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 17:1119-32. 2008..To investigate the direct and indirect costs of uterine fibroid (UF) surgery...
- Cost-sharing effects on adherence and persistence for second-generation antipsychotics in commercially insured patientsTeresa B Gibson
Thompson Reuters, Inc, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Manag Care 19:40-7. 2010..To assess the relationship between patient cost-sharing (e.g., copayments or coinsurance) and adherence and persistence to second-generation (atypical) antipsychotic (SGA) medications...
- Cost burden of treatment resistance in patients with depressionTeresa B Gibson
Thomson Reuters, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Am J Manag Care 16:370-7. 2010..To develop a claims-based scale for treatment-resistant depression (TRD) and estimate the associated direct cost burden...
- Impact of medication adherence on absenteeism and short-term disability for five chronic diseasesGinger S Carls
Thomson Reuters, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Occup Environ Med 54:792-805. 2012..To estimate the impact of medication adherence on absenteeism and short-term disability among employees with chronic disease...
- A value-based insurance design program at a large company boosted medication adherence for employees with chronic illnessesTeresa B Gibson
Thomson Reuters, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 30:109-17. 2011..Overall, the program was mostly cost-neutral to the company, and there was no aggregate change in spending. However, we raise the prospect that this program may have saved the company money by reducing other medical costs...
- Value-based insurance plus disease management increased medication use and produced savingsTeresa B Gibson
Thomson Reuters, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 30:100-8. 2011..Use of diabetes medications increased 6.5 percent over three years. Adherence to diabetes medical guidelines also increased, producing a return on investment of $1.33 saved for every dollar spent during a three-year follow-up period...
- The economic value of specialized lower-extremity medical care by podiatric physicians in the treatment of diabetic foot ulcersGinger S Carls
Health Outcomes, Thomson Reuters, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
J Am Podiatr Med Assoc 101:93-115. 2011....
- The cost burden of oral, oral pharyngeal, and salivary gland cancers in three groups: commercial insurance, Medicare, and MedicaidJed J Jacobson
Delta Dental of Michigan, University of Michigan, 4100 Okemos Road, Okemos, MI 48864, USA
Head Neck Oncol 4:15. 2012..Consequently the economic burden of oral cavity, oral pharyngeal, and salivary gland cancer (OC/OP/SG) must be understood. The cost of these cancers in the U.S. has not been investigated...
- Cost sharing, adherence, and health outcomes in patients with diabetesTeresa B Gibson
Thomson Reuters Healthcare, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Am J Manag Care 16:589-600. 2010....
- A four-system comparison of patients with chronic illness: the Military Health System, Veterans Health Administration, Medicaid, and commercial plansTeresa B Gibson
Thomson Reuters, 777 E Eisenhower Parkway, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Mil Med 174:936-43. 2009..These results provide empirical evidence of differences in chronically ill patient populations in several of the major U.S. health insurance systems...
- The savings gained from participation in health promotion programs for Medicare beneficiariesRonald J Ozminkowski
Health and Productivity Research, Thomson Medstat and the Institute for Health and Productivity Studies, Cornell University, 777 East Eisenhower Parkway 903R, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
J Occup Environ Med 48:1125-32. 2006..The objective of this study was to estimate savings to Medicare associated with participation in one or more health promotion programs offered to 59,324 retirees from a large employer and their aged dependents...