Teresa B Gibson
Affiliation: Thomson Reuters
- Cost burden of treatment resistance in patients with depressionTeresa B Gibson
Thomson Reuters, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Am J Manag Care 16:370-7. 2010..To develop a claims-based scale for treatment-resistant depression (TRD) and estimate the associated direct cost burden...
- The cost burden of oral, oral pharyngeal, and salivary gland cancers in three groups: commercial insurance, Medicare, and MedicaidJed J Jacobson
Delta Dental of Michigan, University of Michigan, 4100 Okemos Road, Okemos, MI 48864, USA
Head Neck Oncol 4:15. 2012..Consequently the economic burden of oral cavity, oral pharyngeal, and salivary gland cancer (OC/OP/SG) must be understood. The cost of these cancers in the U.S. has not been investigated...
- Impact of cost-sharing on treatment augmentation in patients with depressionTeresa B Gibson
Thomson Reuters, 777 E Eisenhower Pkwy, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Am J Manag Care 18:e15-22. 2012..The objective of this study was to examine the relationship between patient cost-sharing and the use of augmentation among a sample of commercially insured patients...
- A value-based insurance design program at a large company boosted medication adherence for employees with chronic illnessesTeresa B Gibson
Thomson Reuters, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 30:109-17. 2011..Overall, the program was mostly cost-neutral to the company, and there was no aggregate change in spending. However, we raise the prospect that this program may have saved the company money by reducing other medical costs...
- Value-based insurance plus disease management increased medication use and produced savingsTeresa B Gibson
Thomson Reuters, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 30:100-8. 2011..Use of diabetes medications increased 6.5 percent over three years. Adherence to diabetes medical guidelines also increased, producing a return on investment of $1.33 saved for every dollar spent during a three-year follow-up period...
- Cost-sharing effects on adherence and persistence for second-generation antipsychotics in commercially insured patientsTeresa B Gibson
Thompson Reuters, Inc, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Manag Care 19:40-7. 2010..To assess the relationship between patient cost-sharing (e.g., copayments or coinsurance) and adherence and persistence to second-generation (atypical) antipsychotic (SGA) medications...
- Cost sharing, adherence, and health outcomes in patients with diabetesTeresa B Gibson
Thomson Reuters Healthcare, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Am J Manag Care 16:589-600. 2010....
- The direct and indirect cost burden of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitisTeresa B Gibson
Thomson Healthcare, Research Division, Ann Arbor, Mich 48108, USA
J Occup Environ Med 50:1261-72. 2008..To estimate the direct medical and indirect (absenteeism and short-term disability) cost burden of Crohn's Disease (CD) and Ulcerative Colitis (UC)...
- A multi-worksite analysis of the relationships among body mass index, medical utilization, and worker productivityRon Z Goetzel
Thomson Reuters Healthcare, Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health, Institute for Healthand Productivity Studies, 4301 Connecticut Ave, NW, Washington, DC 20008, USA
J Occup Environ Med 52:S52-8. 2010..The objective of this study was to quantify the direct medical and indirect (absence and productivity) cost burden of overweight and obesity in workers...
- Direct and indirect costs to employers of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus with and without nephritisGinger Carls
Health and Productivity Division, Thomson Healthcare, Ann Arbor, Mich, USA
J Occup Environ Med 51:66-79. 2009..To estimate the medical- and productivity-related cost burden of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and SLE with nephritis in an employee population...
- What are the total costs of surgical treatment for uterine fibroids?Ginger Smith Carls
Thomson Healthcare, Research Division, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 17:1119-32. 2008..To investigate the direct and indirect costs of uterine fibroid (UF) surgery...
- Impact of medication adherence on absenteeism and short-term disability for five chronic diseasesGinger S Carls
Thomson Reuters, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Occup Environ Med 54:792-805. 2012..To estimate the impact of medication adherence on absenteeism and short-term disability among employees with chronic disease...
- Impact of statin copayments on adherence and medical care utilization and expendituresTeresa B Gibson
Thomson Medstat, 777 E Eisenhower Pkwy, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Am J Manag Care 12:SP11-9. 2006..To examine the effects of statin cost-sharing (ie, copayments, coinsurance) on adherence to statin medications and the impact of adherence on healthcare utilization and spending...
- The effects of antihypertensive step-therapy protocols on pharmaceutical and medical utilization and expendituresTami L Mark
Thomson Reuters, 4301 Connecticut Ave, NW, Ste 330, Washington, DC 20008, USA
Am J Manag Care 15:123-31. 2009..To examine the effects of antihypertensive step therapy on prescription drug utilization and spending, and other medical care utilization and spending...
- How accurate are self-reports? Analysis of self-reported health care utilization and absence when compared with administrative dataMeghan E Short
Division of Health and Productivity Research, Thomson Reuters Healthcare, Washington, DC, USA
J Occup Environ Med 51:786-96. 2009..To determine the accuracy of self-reported health care utilization and absence reported on health risk assessments against administrative claims and human resource records...
- The economic value of specialized lower-extremity medical care by podiatric physicians in the treatment of diabetic foot ulcersGinger S Carls
Health Outcomes, Thomson Reuters, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
J Am Podiatr Med Assoc 101:93-115. 2011....
- The savings gained from participation in health promotion programs for Medicare beneficiariesRonald J Ozminkowski
Health and Productivity Research, Thomson Medstat and the Institute for Health and Productivity Studies, Cornell University, 777 East Eisenhower Parkway 903R, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
J Occup Environ Med 48:1125-32. 2006..The objective of this study was to estimate savings to Medicare associated with participation in one or more health promotion programs offered to 59,324 retirees from a large employer and their aged dependents...
- A four-system comparison of patients with chronic illness: the Military Health System, Veterans Health Administration, Medicaid, and commercial plansTeresa B Gibson
Thomson Reuters, 777 E Eisenhower Parkway, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Mil Med 174:936-43. 2009..These results provide empirical evidence of differences in chronically ill patient populations in several of the major U.S. health insurance systems...
- The effects of prescription drug copayments on statin adherenceTeresa B Gibson
Thomson Medstat, 777 E Eisenhower Parkway, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Am J Manag Care 12:509-17. 2006..High copayments may present a barrier to medication adherence among patients with chronic conditions such as hyperlipidemia...
- A copayment increase for prescription drugs: the long-term and short-term effects on use and expendituresTeresa B Gibson
Research Division of Medstat, Department of Health Management and Policy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Inquiry 42:293-310. 2005..Employees with an existing chronic illness and those without a chronic illness show a similar, inelastic response to a copayment increase; employees with a newly diagnosed chronic illness have a more inelastic response...
- The effects of prescription drug cost sharing: a review of the evidenceTeresa B Gibson
Medstat, 777 E Eisenhower Parkway, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:730-40. 2005....