Affiliation: Thomson Scientific
- Longitudinal analysis of censored medical cost dataOnur Baser
Thomson Medstat, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Health Econ 15:513-25. 2006..The methods are applied to a sample of 201 Medicare beneficiaries diagnosed with lung cancer between 1994 and 1997...
- Guidelines for selecting among different types of bootstrapsOnur Baser
Outcomes Research and Econometrics, Thomson Medstat Group Inc, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 22:799-808. 2006..Its success lies in the ease of estimating sampling distribution, standard error and confidence intervals with few or no assumptions about the distribution of the underlying population...
- Too much ado about propensity score models? Comparing methods of propensity score matchingOnur Baser
Thomson Medstat, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Value Health 9:377-85. 2006..In this article we evaluate several matching techniques and provide a suggested guideline for selecting the best technique...
- Thromboembolism prophylaxis in medical inpatients: effect on outcomes and costsOnur Baser
The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Manag Care 18:294-302. 2012..To evaluate the real-world use of venous thromboembolism (VTE) prophylaxis among medical inpatients and the impact of VTE prophylaxis on outcomes and cost...
- Patient survival and healthcare utilization costs after diagnosis of triple-negative breast cancer in a United States managed care cancer registryOnur Baser
The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 28:419-28. 2012..Unique in its tumor aggression and high rates of recurrence, TNBC is less likely to be detected by mammogram and has a poorer prognosis than other breast cancer subtypes (non-TNBC)...
- A real-world study of patients with type 2 diabetes initiating basal insulins via disposable pensLin Xie
STATinMED Research, 211 North Fourth Avenue, Suite 2B, Ann Arbor, MI, 48104, USA
Adv Ther 28:1000-11. 2011..Clinical and economic outcomes following initiation with insulin glargine disposable pen (GLA-P) or insulin detemir disposable pen (DET-P) in T2DM patients were compared over 1-year follow-up...
- Severity index for rheumatoid arthritis and its association with health care costs and biologic therapy use in TurkeyOnur Baser
Internal Medicine Department, Rheumatology Division, The University of Michigan, 211 N 4th Avenue, Suite 2B, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA
Health Econ Rev 3:5. 2013..This study aimed to apply the previously validated severity index for rheumatoid arthritis (SIFRA) to prevalent rheumatoid arthritis (RA) groups in Turkey and determine the effect of RA severity on health care costs and biologic use...
- Comparison of real-world adherence, healthcare resource utilization and costs for newly initiated valsartan/amlodipine single-pill combination versus angiotensin receptor blocker/calcium channel blocker free-combination therapyOnur Baser
The University of Michigan and STATinMED Research, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA
J Med Econ 14:576-83. 2011....
- Clinical and economic outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes initiating insulin glargine disposable pen versus exenatide BIDOnur Baser
The University of Michigan, MI, USA
J Med Econ 14:673-80. 2011..To evaluate clinical and economic outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) who failed oral anti-diabetic drug (OAD) therapy and initiated either insulin glargine with disposable pen (GLA-P) or exenatide BID (EXE)...
- Risk of venous thromboembolism and benefits of prophylaxis use in hospitalized medically ill US patients up to 180 days post-hospital dischargeLi Wang
STATinMED Research and The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Thromb J 9:15. 2011..abstract:..
- Too much ado about instrumental variable approach: is the cure worse than the disease?Onur Baser
STATinMED Research, LLC, 218 N Fourth Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA
Value Health 12:1201-9. 2009..In this article, we provide an overview of the IV approach, examine possible tests to check the prerequisite conditions, and illustrate how weak instruments may produce inconsistent and inefficient results...
- High cost patients for cardiac surgery and hospital quality in TurkeyOnur Baser
The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Health Policy 109:143-9. 2013..Encourage quality improvements and assess high expenditures for patients with coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery and hospital quality in Turkey...
- Variations in the use of internal fixation for distal radial fracture in the United States medicare populationKevin C Chung
Section of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Health System, 2130 Taubman Center, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0340, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 93:2154-62. 2011....
- Cost and clinical consequences of stress/single-photon emission computed tomography testing with specific medicationsOnur Baser
STATinMED Research, 211 N 4th Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA
J Med Econ 14:433-9. 2011..We identified the cost of care and clinical events using dipyridamole versus adenosine in pharmacological stress (ST)/single-photon-emission computed tomography (SPECT) myocardial perfusion testing...
- Prevalence and economic burden of venous thromboembolism after total hip arthroplasty or total knee arthroplastyOnur Baser
University of Michigan, STATinMED Research, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA
Am J Manag Care 17:S6-8. 2011..Prevention of VTE would improve patient outcomes and result in substantial savings to payers and providers...
- Clinical and cost outcomes of venous thromboembolism in Medicare patients undergoing total hip replacement or total knee replacement surgeryOnur Baser
The University of Michigan Arbor, MI, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 27:423-9. 2011..Since the potential for VTE exists in a range of clinical settings, an assessment of its impact on overall outcomes and costs to the patient and to the healthcare system is warranted...