Jeremy St J Thomas
- DCIS and aromatase inhibitorsJ Michael Dixon
Edinburgh Breast Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, United Kingdom
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 106:173-9. 2007..68; p<0.001). This study has shown significant effects of aromatase inhibitors on DCIS indicating that these agents are therapeutically active in this condition...
- Mammostrat as a tool to stratify breast cancer patients at risk of recurrence during endocrine therapyJohn M S Bartlett
Endocrine Cancer Group, Edinburgh Cancer Research Centre, Edinburgh University, Carrington Crescent, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Breast Cancer Res 12:R47. 2010..We tested the efficacy of this panel in a mixed population of cases treated in a single center with breast-conserving surgery and long-term follow-up...
- Correcting for intra-experiment variation in Illumina BeadChip data is necessary to generate robust gene-expression profilesRobert R Kitchen
School of Physics, University of Edinburgh, 10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9AB, UK
BMC Genomics 11:134. 2010....
- Radiological and pathological size estimations of pure ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast, specimen handling and the influence on the success of breast conservation surgery: a review of 2564 cases from the Sloane ProjectJ Thomas
Pathology Department, Western General Hospital and Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Unit, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Br J Cancer 102:285-93. 2010..We have correlated these sizes with histological grade, specimen-handling methods, particularly the use of specimen slice radiographs, and the success or failure of breast-conserving surgery (BCS)...
- Histopathology of breast carcinoma following neoadjuvant systemic therapy: a common association between letrozole therapy and central scarringJ S J Thomas
Pathology Department, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Histopathology 51:219-26. 2007..Letrozole, an aromatase inhibitor, is used frequently in the treatment of oestrogen receptor-positive breast cancer. The aim was to examine the response patterns in a letrozole-treated group compared with a chemotherapy-treated group...
- Implications of inconsistent measurement of ER status in non-invasive breast cancer: a study of 1,684 cases from the Sloane ProjectJeremy Thomas
Department of Pathology, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Breast J 14:33-8. 2008..There are significant implications for the interpretation of clinical trials data in this area...
- Histological grading of invasive breast carcinoma--a simplification of existing methods in a large conservation series with long-term follow-upJeremy St J Thomas
Edinburgh Breast Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Histopathology 55:724-31. 2009....
- Estrogen-independent proliferation is present in estrogen-receptor HER2-positive primary breast cancer after neoadjuvant letrozoleMatthew J Ellis
Siteman Comprehensive Cancer Center, Washington University School of Medicine, Campus Box 8056, 660 S Euclid Ave, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:3019-25. 2006....
- Is a radiotherapy boost truly beneficial?Alison Stillie
Lancet Oncol 7:795-6; author reply 796-7. 2006
- Type 1 receptor tyrosine kinase profiles identify patients with enhanced benefit from anthracyclines in the BR9601 adjuvant breast cancer chemotherapy trialJohn M S Bartlett
Endocrine Cancer Research Group, Edinburgh Cancer Research Centre, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
J Clin Oncol 26:5027-35. 2008..We tested the hypothesis that HER2, epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFr)/HER1, HER3, Ki67, and topoisomerase IIalpha expression are predictive of outcome after anthracycline-based chemotherapy...