Sanjay V Ghotkar
Affiliation: Thomas Drive
- Preoperative calculation of risk for prolonged intensive care unit stay following coronary artery bypass graftingSanjay V Ghotkar
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, The Cardiothoracic Centre, Liverpool, UK
J Cardiothorac Surg 1:14. 2006..Such patients have cost implications and can lead to shortage of ICU beds. We aimed to develop a preoperative risk prediction tool for prolonged ICU stay following coronary artery surgery (CABG)...
- Cardiac surgery in patients with previous pneumonectomySanjay V Ghotkar
Department of Cariothoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Centre, Thomas Drive, Liverpool, UK
J Cardiothorac Surg 3:11. 2008..We report our experience on performing cardiac surgery following pneumonectomy to highlight certain important features that we think are important while managing these patients...
- Edge-to-edge technique for mitral valve repair: medium-term results with echocardiographic follow-upManoj Kuduvalli
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Centre Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Ann Thorac Surg 82:1356-61. 2006..The follow-up data for the Alfieri edge-to-edge technique of mitral valve repair is still a matter of interest. We describe the medium-term results of a single surgeon's practice with clinical and echocardiographic follow-up...
- Effect of prolonged intensive care stay on survival following coronary surgerySanjay V Ghotkar
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, The Cardiothoracic Center, Liverpool NHS Trust, Thomas Drive, Liverpool L14 3PE, United Kingdom
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 13:345-50. 2005..90.7% for normal stay, with an adjusted hazard ratio for midterm mortality of 2.6 (p<0.001). Midterm mortality was significantly higher in patients with a prolonged intensive care unit stay following coronary bypass...
- Unusual structural valve degeneration in a cloth-covered Starr-Edwards valveManoj Kuduvalli
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Center, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 14:333-5. 2006....