- Researching the experience of kidney cancer patientsK Taylor
Department of Social and Political Studies, University of Westminster, London, UK
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 11:200-4. 2002..The person-centred approach of Carl Rogers is of value in supporting such an encounter...
- Importance of emergency identification schemesL Morton
Imperial College School of Science, Technology and Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Emerg Med J 19:584-6. 2002..These patients have been encouraged to carry information to alert staff in an emergency that they have a BSCC patient in their care and to be alert to the signs and symptoms of acute valve malfunction...
- Validation of four different risk stratification systems in patients undergoing off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery: a UK multicentre analysis of 2223 patientsS Al-Ruzzeh
The National Heart and Lung Institute, Harefield and Hammersmith Hospitals, London, UK
Heart 89:432-5. 2003..These data suggest that the UK CABG Bayes model could be an appropriate risk stratification system to use for patients undergoing OPCAB in the UK...
- Analysis of the variations in clinical signs shown by 254 cases of equine headshakingD S Mills
Animal Behaviour, Cognition and Welfare Group, University of Lincoln, Faculty of Applied Sciences, Caythorpe, Lincolnshire
Vet Rec 150:236-40. 2002..Seasonal headshaking tended to be significantly worse on sunny days but improved on rainy days, windy days, at night and indoors...
- The management of minor burns and scalds in childrenK Taylor
Accident and Emergency Department, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton
Nurs Stand 16:45-51; quiz 52, 54. 2001..This article explains the processes involved and advises on dealing with injured children and their parents...
- Patients at high risk for upper tract urothelial cancer: evaluation of hydronephrosis using high resolution magnetic resonance urographyR Chahal
Pyrah Department of Urology, St. James's University Hospital, Leeds, United Kingdom
J Urol 174:478-82; quiz 801. 2005..Focused high resolution T2-weighted images were reliable in the diagnosis of ureteral and renal pelvic TCCs, and were valuable in excluding these and other mass lesions as the cause of hydronephrosis...
- Obstetric skills drills: evaluation of teaching methodsL Birch
Practice Development and Research Unit, Duchess of Westminster Wing, Arrowe Park Hospital, Upton, Wirral, Cheshire CH49 5PE, United Kingdom
Nurse Educ Today 27:915-22. 2007..To determine the most effective method of delivering training to staff on the management of an obstetric emergency...
- UK national curriculum for undergraduate oral surgery subgroup for teaching of the Association of British Academic Oral and Maxillofacial SurgeonsM Macluskey
Unit of Oral Surgery and Medicine, University of Dundee Dental School, Dundee, UK
Eur J Dent Educ 12:48-58. 2008..It is based on UK undergraduate oral surgery experience and thus attempts to set achievable core competencies and, in a few areas, challenges the available curriculum and related documentation...
- Heritability of the severity of diabetic retinopathy: the FIND-Eye studyNedal H Arar
Family Investigation of Nephropathy and Diabetes FIND Genetic Analysis and Data Coordinating Center, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:3839-45. 2008....