A T Tang
- A prospective randomized study to evaluate the renoprotective action of beating heart coronary surgery in low risk patientsA T M Tang
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Wessex Regional Cardiac and Thoracic Unit, Southampton General Hospital, Tremona Road, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 22:118-23. 2002..Anecdotally off-pump coronary surgery (OPCAB) is considered renoprotective. We examine the extent of renal glomerular and tubular injury in low-risk patients undergoing either OPCAB or on-pump coronary artery bypass (ONCAB)...
- An evidence-based approach to drainage of the pleural cavity: evaluation of best practiceAugustine T M Tang
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Wessex Regional Cardiac and Thoracic Unit, Southampton General Hospital, Tremona Road, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
J Eval Clin Pract 8:333-40. 2002..The emphasis in this review is that safe intercostal drain practice relies upon adherence to a few important principles. Furthermore, when in doubt, particularly with a complex thoracic problem, one should seek prompt specialist advice...
- Retropericardial hematoma: pitfall in beating heart coronary surgeryA T Tang
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Southampton General Hospital, United Kingdom
J Card Surg 16:487-9. 2001..The implication of this observation is discussed along with other reports of perioperative complications following beating heart coronary surgery...
- Novel application of vacuum assisted closure technique to the treatment of sternotomy wound infectionA T Tang
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Wessex Regional Thoracic and Cardiac Unit, Southampton General Hospital, Tremona Road, Southampton, UK
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 17:482-4. 2000..Here we describe this novel technique of managing postoperative sternal wound infection...
- Pericardial mesothelioma following mantle field radiotherapyT J Velissaris
Departments of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 42:425-7. 2001..The latter has hitherto not been recognised following mediastinal radiation. The cardiac complications of mantle field radiotherapy are discussed...
- Transventricular cannulation of the aorta: a useful technique in acute aortic dissectionT J Velissaris
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Southampton General Hospital, UK
Perfusion 16:155-7. 2001..This method of arterial cannulation for CPB was initially described in paediatric patients. We review the application of this technique in the adult population...
- Dopamine therapy for patients at risk of renal dysfunction following cardiac surgery: science or fiction?Edwin B C Woo
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Wythenshawe Hospital, Southmoor Road, Manchester M23 9LT, UK
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 22:106-11. 2002..The latter included older patients or those with pre-existing renal disease, elevated preoperative serum creatinine (Cr), poor ventricular function, hypertension, diabetes mellitus and unstable angina requiring intravenous therapy...
- Leukodepletion reduces renal injury in coronary revascularization: a prospective randomized studyAugustine T M Tang
Wessex Regional Cardiac and Thoracic Unit, Southampton General Hospital, United Kingdom
Ann Thorac Surg 74:372-7; discussion 377. 2002..Leukodepletion reduces CPB-associated inflammation and resultant end-organ injuries. However, its effectiveness in renal protection has not been evaluated in a prospective randomized clinical setting...
- A prospective randomized study to evaluate stress response during beating-heart and conventional coronary revascularizationTheodore Velissaris
Wessex Cardiothoracic Centre, Southampton General Hospital, Tremona Road, Southampton SO16 6YD, United Kingdom
Ann Thorac Surg 78:506-12; discussion 506-12. 2004..We examined perioperative stress hormone release in low-risk patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting with and without cardiopulmonary bypass...
- Spontaneous coronary artery dissection complicating midterm pregnancyAugustine T M Tang
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, University Health Network, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ann Thorac Surg 78:e35. 2004
- A prospective randomized study to evaluate the effect of leukodepletion on the rate of alveolar production of exhaled nitric oxide during cardiopulmonary bypassChristos Alexiou
Cardiac Surgery, The General Hospital, Southampton, United Kingdom
Ann Thorac Surg 78:2139-45; discussion 2145. 2004..This study evaluated the effect of arterial line leukocyte depletion during cardiopulmonary bypass on the rate of alveolar production of exhaled nitric oxide...