- The Effect of patient warming during Caesarean delivery on maternal and neonatal outcomes: a meta-analysisP Sultan
Department of Anaesthesia, University College London Hospital, London, UK
Br J Anaesth 115:500-10. 2015..This meta-analysis aimed to determine the efficacy of active warming on outcomes after elective Caesarean delivery...
- Provision of critical care services for the obstetric populationP Sultan
Bloomsbury Institute of Intensive Care Medicine, University College London, London, UK Electronic address
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 27:803-9. 2013..The appropriate training of midwives is essential for successful HDUs located within labour wards...
- The effect of low concentrations versus high concentrations of local anesthetics for labour analgesia on obstetric and anesthetic outcomes: a meta-analysisPervez Sultan
Department of Anaesthesia, University College Hospital, 235 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BU, UK
Can J Anaesth 60:840-54. 2013..The purpose of this meta-analysis was to determine whether local anesthetics utilized at low concentrations (LCs) during labour are associated with a decreased incidence of AVD when compared with high concentrations (HCs)...
- Preoperative muscle weakness as defined by handgrip strength and postoperative outcomes: a systematic reviewPervez Sultan
Centre for Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Management, University College London, London, UK
BMC Anesthesiol 12:1. 2012..abstract:..
- Continuous spinal anesthesia for Cesarean hysterectomy and massive hemorrhage in a parturient with placenta incretaPervez Sultan
Department of Anaesthesia, University College London Hospital, 235 Euston Road, London, UK
Can J Anaesth 59:473-7. 2012..We present anesthetic management using a continuous spinal anesthesia (CSA) technique in a patient with placenta increta who underwent elective Cesarean hysterectomy with massive postpartum hemorrhage...
- Spinal anaesthesia for caesarean delivery in a parturient with babesiosis and Lyme diseaseP Sultan
University College London Hospital, London, UK
Anaesthesia 67:180-3. 2012..Neuraxial anaesthesia and possible mechanisms for the coronary artery dissection in a patient with babesiosis and Lyme disease are discussed...
- Endotracheal tube cuff pressure monitoring: a review of the evidencePervez Sultan
Department of Anaesthesia, University College Hospital, 230 Euston Road, London, NWI 2BU
J Perioper Pract 21:379-86. 2011..There has been a recent renewal of interest in the morbidity associated with endotracheal tube cuff overinflation, particularly regarding the rationale and requirement for endotracheal tube cuff monitoring intra-operatively...
- Neuraxial blockade for external cephalic version: a systematic reviewP Sultan
Department of Anesthesiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Int J Obstet Anesth 20:299-306. 2011..This review systematically examined the current evidence to determine the safety and efficacy of neuraxial anesthesia or analgesia when used for external cephalic version...
- The postoperative anaesthetic reviewPervez Sultan
University College London Hospital, 230 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BU
J Perioper Pract 21:135-9. 2011..Finally, this article offers an alternative model for deciding when to perform a post-anaesthetic visit...
- Not just a patient that snores. Obstructive sleep apnoea: the perioperative concerns through the eye of the anaesthetistSuyogi Jigajinni
Department of Anaesthesia and Critical Care, Whipps Cross University Hospital, London E11 1NR
J Perioper Pract 19:395-9. 2009..Elective cases should be delayed for investigation and treatment if OSA is suspected. In theatre cardiorespiratory problems should be managed by a senior anaesthetist and a perioperative team alert to the risk of post-operative hypoxia...