Affiliation: St Luke's Hospital
- Cochrane review: information provision for stroke patients and their caregiversJane Smith
Academic Unit of Elderly Care and Rehabilitation, Institute of Health Sciences, University of Leeds, UK
Clin Rehabil 23:195-206. 2009..To assess the effectiveness of information provision strategies in improving the outcome for stroke patients and/or their identified caregivers...
- A randomized trial to evaluate an education programme for patients and carers after strokeJane Smith
Bradford Elderly Care and Rehabilitation Research Department, St Luke s Hospital, Bradford, UK
Clin Rehabil 18:726-36. 2004..To evaluate the effectiveness of an education programme for patients and carers recovering from stroke...
- Structured re-assessment system at 6 months after a disabling stroke: a randomised controlled trial with resource use and cost studyAnne Forster
Academic Unit of Elderly Care and Rehabilitation, University of Leeds, Bradford Institute for Health Research, Bradford, West Yorkshire, UK
Age Ageing 38:576-83. 2009..national policy recommends routine re-assessment of disabled patients and their carers at 6 months after stroke onset. The clinical and resource outcomes of this policy were investigated...
- Information provision for stroke patients and their caregiversAnne Forster
Academic Unit of Elderly Care and Rehabilitation, Bradford Institute for Health Research, Bradford, UK
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 11:CD001919. 2012..Research shows that stroke patients and their families are dissatisfied with the information provided and have a poor understanding of stroke and associated issues...
- Use of the 'STRATIFY' falls risk assessment in patients recovering from acute strokeJane Smith
Stroke United Network Yorkshire SUNY, Academic Unit of Elderly Care and Rehabilitation, St Luke s Hospital, University of Leeds
Age Ageing 35:138-43. 2006..To investigate the predictive validity and reliability of the STRATIFY falls risk assessment tool as applied to patients recovering from acute stroke...