Affiliation: St Luke's Hospital
- Cochrane review: information provision for stroke patients and their caregiversJane Smith
Academic Unit of Elderly Care and Rehabilitation, Institute of Health Sciences, University of Leeds, UK
Clin Rehabil 23:195-206. 2009..To assess the effectiveness of information provision strategies in improving the outcome for stroke patients and/or their identified caregivers...
- Physical rehabilitation for older people in long-term careTom Crocker
Academic Unit of Elderly Care and Rehabilitation, Bradford Institute for Health Research, Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Bradford, UK
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2:CD004294. 2013..Physical rehabilitation is beneficial in older people, but relatively little is known about effects on long-term care residents. This is an update of a Cochrane review first published in 2009...
- A randomized trial to evaluate an education programme for patients and carers after strokeJane Smith
Bradford Elderly Care and Rehabilitation Research Department, St Luke s Hospital, Bradford, UK
Clin Rehabil 18:726-36. 2004..To evaluate the effectiveness of an education programme for patients and carers recovering from stroke...
- Information provision for stroke patients and their caregiversAnne Forster
Academic Unit of Elderly Care and Rehabilitation, Bradford Institute for Health Research, Bradford, UK
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 11:CD001919. 2012..Research shows that stroke patients and their families are dissatisfied with the information provided and have a poor understanding of stroke and associated issues...
- Structured re-assessment system at 6 months after a disabling stroke: a randomised controlled trial with resource use and cost studyAnne Forster
Academic Unit of Elderly Care and Rehabilitation, University of Leeds, Bradford Institute for Health Research, Bradford, West Yorkshire, UK
Age Ageing 38:576-83. 2009..national policy recommends routine re-assessment of disabled patients and their carers at 6 months after stroke onset. The clinical and resource outcomes of this policy were investigated...
- Developing and implementing an integrated delirium prevention system of care: a theory driven, participatory research studyMary Godfrey
Academic Unit of Elderly Care and Rehabilitation, University of Leeds, Bradford Institute for Health Research, Bradford Royal Infirmary, Duckworth Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD9 6RJ, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 13:341. 2013..Particular focus of the study was on developing an implementation process aimed at embedding practice change within routine care delivery...
- Use of the 'STRATIFY' falls risk assessment in patients recovering from acute strokeJane Smith
Stroke United Network Yorkshire SUNY, Academic Unit of Elderly Care and Rehabilitation, St Luke s Hospital, University of Leeds
Age Ageing 35:138-43. 2006..To investigate the predictive validity and reliability of the STRATIFY falls risk assessment tool as applied to patients recovering from acute stroke...