Affiliation: St George's
- Transgenic plant production of Cyanovirin-N, an HIV microbicideAmy Sexton
Centre for Infection, Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, St George s University of London, London, UK
FASEB J 20:356-8. 2006..64 mug/ml hydroponic media after 24 days. Therefore, we suggest that transgenic plants have the potential to provide strategies for large-scale protein microbicide production...
- Design, expression, and characterization of a multivalent, combination HIV microbicideAmy Sexton
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, St George s Hospital Medical School, Cranmer Terr, London SW17 0RE, UK
FASEB J 23:3590-600. 2009..This fusion protein addresses the requirement to combine microbicide products, and the production in plants is a step toward resolving the issues of manufacturing scalability and cost for developing countries...
- Development of rhizosecretion as a production system for recombinant proteins from hydroponic cultivated tobaccoPascal M W Drake
Molecular Immunology Unit, Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, St George s Hospital Medical School, University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 0RE, UK
FASEB J 23:3581-9. 2009....
- Characterization of Salmonella enterica derivatives harboring defined aroC and Salmonella pathogenicity island 2 type III secretion system (ssaV) mutations by immunization of healthy volunteersZoe Hindle
Microscience, Wokingham Berkshire RG41 5TU, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 70:3457-67. 2002..These data indicate that mutations in type III secretion systems may provide a route to the development of live vaccines in humans and highlight significant differences in the potential use of serovars Typhimurium and Typhi...
- Protective levels of diphtheria-neutralizing antibody induced in healthy volunteers by unilateral priming-boosting intranasal immunization associated with restricted ipsilateral mucosal secretory immunoglobulin aKingston H G Mills
Immune Regulation Research Group, Department of Biochemistry, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
Infect Immun 71:726-32. 2003..However, a restricted sIgA response suggests that care must be taken in the priming-boosting strategy and clinical sampling techniques when evaluating such vaccines for the induction of local mucosal immunity...