Penny J Rhodes
Affiliation: St Luke's Hospital
- Access to diabetes services: the experiences of Bangladeshi people in Bradford, UKPenny Rhodes
Bradford NHS Hospitals Trust, Bradford, UK
Ethn Health 8:171-88. 2003..Gaining access does not mean that needs will be met appropriately, and patients vary in the extent to which they are able and enabled to play an active role in obtaining the services they need...
- Assessment of the implementation of a national patient safety alert to reduce wrong site surgeryP Rhodes
Institute for Health Research, Temple Bank House, Bradford Royal Infirmary, Bradford, West Yorkshire, UK
Qual Saf Health Care 17:409-15. 2008..In 2005, guidance on how to prevent wrong site surgery in the form of a national safety alert was issued to all NHS hospital trusts in England and Wales by the National Patient Safety Agency...
- Electronic medical records in diabetes consultations: participants' gaze as an interactional resourcePenny Rhodes
Bradford Institute for Health Research, Royal Infirmary, Duckworth Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Qual Health Res 18:1247-63. 2008..Policy initiatives designed to deliver what is considered best-evidenced practice are modified in the micro context of the interactions of the consultation...
- The use of biomedicine, complementary and alternative medicine, and ethnomedicine for the treatment of epilepsy among people of South Asian origin in the UKPenny J Rhodes
Institute for Health Research, Temple Bank House, Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Bradford Royal Infirmary, Duckworth Lane, Bradford BD9 6RJ, UK
BMC Complement Altern Med 8:7. 2008..We studied the use of biomedicine, complementary and alternative medicine, and ethnomedicine in a sample of people with epilepsy of South Asian origin living in the north of England...
- 'What really annoys me is people take it like it's a disability', epilepsy, disability and identity among people of Pakistani origin living in the UKPenny J Rhodes
Department of Clinical Governance, Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Bradford Royal Infirmary, UK
Ethn Health 13:1-21. 2008..Rather than conceiving of disability as primarily physical or primarily social, it would be better construed as a complex interweaving of multiple factors--physical, environmental, socio-cultural and psychological factors...
- A problem of communication? Diabetes care among Bangladeshi people in BradfordPenny Rhodes
Bradford Hospitals NHS Trust, Bradford, UK
Health Soc Care Community 11:45-54. 2003..Many patients nonetheless received poor quality care, although this appeared to be related less to language difficulties than to professional attitudes and methods of working...
- South Asians and epilepsy: exploring health experiences, needs and beliefs of communities in the north of EnglandHanif Ismail
Health Services Research Unit, Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, St Lukes Hospital, Extension Block C, West Yorkshire, Bradford BD5 0NA, UK
Seizure 14:497-503. 2005..To examine the beliefs and experiences of South Asians with epilepsy and the extent of provision of appropriate information and accessible services for them by health professionals...
- Religious beliefs about causes and treatment of epilepsyHanif Ismail
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Bradford Royal Infirmary, Bradford BD9 6RJ
Br J Gen Pract 55:26-31. 2005..However, little is known about their religious beliefs in relation to epilepsy and the type of South Asian therapies that they use to treat the condition...
- Electronic consultation as an alternative to hospital referral for patients with chronic kidney disease: a novel application for networked electronic health records to improve the accessibility and efficiency of healthcareJohn Stoves
Department of Renal Medicine, Bradford St Luke s Hospital, Little Horton Lane, Bradford BD5 0NA, UK
Qual Saf Health Care 19:e54. 2010..Traditional means of meeting this demand rely on GP referral of patients to see a nephrologist. Hospital assessment may be inconvenient for patients and inefficient for health services...
- What does the use of a computerized checklist mean for patient-centered care? The example of a routine diabetes reviewPenny Rhodes
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, United Kingdom
Qual Health Res 16:353-76. 2006....